[Andrew Weaver – BC Hydro – BCUC – Billion, Holley Meter, Meter Italia, Sensus, Trilliant, Wasion Smart Gas Meters – Cell Towers / Antennas Health Studies – Children – EMF Effects on Animals, Birds, Bees, Butterflies & Wildlife – Flyer for Parents re Safe Technology by Doctor Devra Davis, EHT – FortisBC – Itron – Jerry Flynn Letter to Justin Trudeau – John Horgan – Letter to Central Saanich Council re Freedom Mobile Cell Tower Rezoning Proposal by Norm – Lloyd’s of London & Swiss RE Insurance Statements re EMR – Lochside Trail – Vatican Radio | Central Saanich & Pender Island & Sooke, BC – Belo Horizonte, Brazil – Cesano, Italy]
1) A new flyer re. children and RF radiation from Devra Davis’s group. Please consider sharing widely with parents, teachers and School Board members. Handing out at summer markets, etc. would be a great way to help get this info out.
(click on photos to enlarge)
2) Animals, migratory birds, bees, and other pollinators are being severely affected by wireless RF. Here is a list of reports and studies done over the years which is a good reference when writing letters, etc.
Bees, Butterflies and Wildlife: Research on Electromagnetic Fields and the Environment
3) A good compilation of studies and reports on cell towers, health, etc.
Cell Towers & Antennas—How Close is Too Close?
4) Suddenly, there seems to be a push for cell towers. In the last short while, people have written about plans for ones on Pender Island, Sooke and Central Saanich. Has anyone heard of anything that would explain this? Please see in Letters a plea for people in Central Saanich to get organized and to help present letters, complaints, etc. to Central Saanich Council. One person alone cannot do it – there needs to be many to have a loud voice. Concerns are health, property values, environmental effects (e.g. bees, birds), inability to get insurance protection against lawsuits.
5) Meter makers are pushing for “stupid” gas meters now – planning for major expansions over the next few years. FortisBC will have to apply to BCUC for approval, so we must keep our eyes and ears open for the BCUC announcement of an application from FortisBC. It will be in local newspapers but will be easy to miss.
Smart Gas Meter Market Outlook 2017- Trilliant, Sensus, Billion, Wasion, Meter Italia, Holley Meter
6) Off topic – but re. BC Hydro’s financial situation which will require significant rate increases due to the Liberal’s fixing the books. BC Hydro could get a quick $1 billion if it recalled the smeters and forced ITRON to put analogs back on. I hope you will consider sending this idea to Horgan, and other NDP/Green MLAs.
NDP Faces Financial Mess at ICBC, BC Hydro
Sent: June 17, 2017
Subject: New tower proposal in Central Saanich
Just received word of an application for a tower in Central Saanich
A quick look so far – they are sensitive to the visual pollution aspect but my concern beyond the basic tower is the provision to allow collocation or multiple antennas and no acknowledgment of the amount of radiation that could be spewed out over farmland. They will also be sensitive to the aesthetics of the tower in a pastoral setting as one comes down a long hill on the way to the ferry and the impact of the tower on people on the Lochside Trail.
It is just in the early stages, strong opposition to it now will be particularly useful. The pole will be very visible from the Pat Bay Hwy and, for those that know the area, just north of Island View Road or Michell’s Farm store. It will also be along the Lochside Trail which is the prime cycling/pedestrian trail from Sidney to Victoria (often miscalled the Galloping Goose).
To the best of my knowledge, I am the main person raising EMR issues of any sort in the municipality and have been tagged with the “kook” tag by the Mayor and some Council members for having concern about any form of radiation. Strong representation and several representations to Mayor and Council at: firstname.lastname@example.org will help deal with this matter. If anyone knows of people in the area who will be able to come forward during the public hearing, it will be a great help for me.
The Google map location is:
The June 9 letter to which Jerry refers was in my June 14 update under “Letters”. [https://stopsmartmetersbc.com/z/2017-06-14-in-some-us-states-bills-are-being-pushed-through-re-microcells-and-5g-here-there-is-no-debate-at-all/]
From: Jerry Flynn
Sent: June 18, 2017
Subject: Freedom Mobile’s Proposed 40m Monopole Cell Phone Tower in Central Saanich
June 18, 2017
District of Central Saanich
1903 Mount Newton Cross Road
Saanichton, BC, V8M 2A9
Dear Mayor and Council,
Freedom Mobile’s Proposed 40m Monopole Cell Phone Tower
One cannot stress too strongly the need for Central Saanich’s Mayor and Council to exercise extreme caution and painstaking thoroughness in your efforts to render an informed decision on Freedom Mobile’s application for rezoning, which will enable the latter to erect its proposed 40 meter tall monopole tower that will also enable “additional carrier partners in the future to add their microwave antenna.” Informed people the world over know that to find the truth about the known harmful biological and health effects people experience from being chronically exposed to the ‘low-level, pulsed, NON-THERMAL, microwave radiation’ (emitted by each and every active transmitter on a cell tower), one is obliged to search the Internet!
As my June 9, 2017 letter to Prime Minister Trudeau points out, North America’s mainstream news media is now controlled by just a handful of multinational corporations who control what we see on TV, what we hear on the radio and what we read in newspapers. Consequently, few people know of the corruption that has taken place over the past 50 years – and is ongoing – which now literally threatens life on earth as we know it! Like all North Americans, Canadians are unaware that the wireless and telecommunications, and electric power industries control virtually all levels of government in North America! Only the Internet reveals that cancer clusters are not uncommon in jurisdictions around the world that have allowed cell phone towers! One classic example – Brazil’s third largest city, Belo Horizonte: between 1996 and 2006, a total of 7,191 cancer deaths occurred within 1,000 meters of a cell phone tower! http://whyfry.org/brazilian-study-cancer-associated-with-radiation-from-cellular-antennas/ Even the Vatican Radio was ordered by the Italian Supreme Court in 2011 to compensate the small town of Cesano, near Rome, whose population experienced an incidence of Leukemia six-times the normal rate, allegedly caused by Vatican Radio towers! http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/03/17/vatican-radio-is-told-to-pay-out-over-transmitter-cancer-risk.aspx
Mayor and Council would also be wise to view what Lloyd’s of London and Swiss RE, two of the world’s largest insurance underwriters, say about man-made electromagnetic radiation. http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/lloyds-of-london-excludes-liability-coverage-for-harm-from-wireless-radiationrf-emf/ and https://www.defendershield.com/swiss-insurance-company-warns-significant-losses-result-emf-radiation/
Other trustworthy (i.e., non-industry) websites are shown in my letter to Prime Minister Trudeau, and my own military BIO is in the Appendix to his letter.
J.G. (“Jerry”) Flynn, Captain (Retired)
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do.”
~ B.F. Skinner