- We all know that Hydro has significant financial problems, based in large part on decisions on major projects to forbid oversight or due diligence, e.g. Smart meter Program and Site C. Erik Andersen, an economist, is writing a book about all of this, and has offered to share part of it while he still working on it. I found this very interesting and indicative of the lousy management and irresponsible political decisions. Building a very expensive earth dam that is not justified based on projections of future need in an earthquake zone where fracking is being done — Site C!! One of Erik’s chapters is attached.
- Fortis has another article in Castanet trying to “woo” customers. And Castanet is not publishing comments right away. I made a comment and so did someone else – they were not published yet. Hopefully it is that censorship is alive and well. Follow the link and please vote.
I asked what science? No credible, independent science that I know of says the emissions are safe. And what science says that the meters are safe, fit into the meter bases, and will not burn homes? None that I’ve seen.
There is now a poll ” Are you concerned about smart meters?”
- The US Navy has not given up on its plans to begin electromagnetic warfare over the Olympic Peninsula, which will include the Juan de Fuca Strait, the Gulf Islands, Vancouver Island and most likely southern mainland BC. We need to get our MPs and MLAs to commit on this. Has anyone heard anything from any politician? I have written to many – and nothing yet. There is a 10 min video on their site that is well worth watching and sharing. I wrote to the local politicians again (letter below) and I would ask that you write yours, too, as well as your MLA and MP. The silence of the politicians on this issue is deafening – as usual.
- An interesting comment under the video we did. Please tell your family and friends who have smeters to be aware of the hazard, to react immediately if they notice anything ‘weird’ happening to their electricity like lights flickering, or their smeter getting hot.
I’m in complete agreement with Sharon Noble. For many months I retained my analog meter because of the factual evidence of smart meter woes.
For the best part of a year I continued to pay the Bill Bennett extortion fees in order to retain my analog meter. It was costing me almost as much as the actual electricity used. We’re retired and on fixed incomes. The time came when I could no longer see our limited resources departing so quickly. I made an appointment with BC Hydro to install a smart meter. This was to be carried out by BC Hydro ticketed electricians, not Liberal crony, Corix trainees. The day of the appointment I received a phone call from the electricians. They apologized, said they would be late.
They arrived approximately three hours late and explained their delay. They had spent all morning replacing defective “smart meters.” Needless to say my decision to switch seemed like the wrong thing to do but it was a done deal.
My point in all of this? To this day no one at BC Hydro will admit to any fallibility of the “smart meter.” BC Liberal Energy Minister Bill Bennett and controller of BC Hydro insists that the smart meter can do no wrong. We live in corrupt times.
- An interesting new site someone just sent me. It is in the US, so the references to the FCC don’t apply, but in most cases you can insert Industry Canada – there are some exceptions but not many.
Sent: July 6, 2015 11:59 AM
To: John Horgan
Subject: Re: Last Week this Morning with John Horgan
Thanks for the update, but the only issue that really concerns me is the dictatorial policy of forcing so-called smart meters onto the citizens of BC. Why has the NDP remained so silent on this matter?
It is apparent to any reasonable person that the “smart meter program”
is a tremendous waste of taxpayer’s money (billions of dollars so far) and a danger to everybody’s safety and health.
Until such time as you and your party stand up to the gross injustice being perpetrated by the promoters of the smart meter program, I refuse to provide the NDP any more support.
A follow up from Kendall to a letter shared last week. I’ve included it below so that you can see the details the member provided in the excellent letter. Kendall’s response, in my opinion, shows his arrogance.
From: Kendall, Perry HLTH:EX [mailto:Perry.Kendall@gov.bc.ca]
Sent: July-02-15 3:08 AM
Subject: Re: Clarifying your stance on RF Radiation & Updating the RF Toolkit on the BCCDC’s website
I think I have made my position as clear as I can.
Sent from my iPad
On Jul 2, 2015, at 8:18 AM, XX wrote:
Dear Doctor Kendall,
You are quoted in the papers stating that electromagnetic radiation is safe and yet I have an e-mail from you stating, “Nor, as others have suggested do I make statements that such radiation is “safe”. (Please see our e-mail chain below.)
I wish you would ask the papers and Health Authorities to get their facts straight when quoting you! This misrepresentation is putting people at risk.
At the recent Canadian Parliamentary Standing Committee on Health presentations were made by international experts about the health impact of non-ionizing radiation (cell phones, Wi-Fi, cordless phones etc). One Canadian expert, Dr. Anthony B. Miller, Professor Emeritus at U. of Toronto’s School of Public Health, has had his presentation published in the Green Gazette. His bio is a the end of the article.
Just recently 100 doctors signed a document warning that fetuses and babies are especially vulnerable to RF. Please see the report below:
With studies like this coming in regularly I think we need to update the RF Toolkit on the BCCDC’s website and I think you need to ask the papers to publish a retraction clarifying your position on such radiation as soon as possible. Thank you for your attention to this very important public health matter.
From: Dennis and Sharon Noble [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: July 7, 2015 9:34 PM
To: firstname.lastname@example.org; ‘Lisa Helps (Mayor)’; Mayor John Ranns; Councillor Logan; ‘Councillor Lukens’; ‘Councillor Martin’; Cynthia Day; ‘Judith Cullington’; Mayor Hamilton; ‘Teresa Harvey’
Subject: Navy warfare over Olympic Peninsula
Dear Mayors and Councillors,
The US Navy plans to begin electromagnetic warfare exercises over the Olympic Peninsula, beginning this September. This will require hundreds of flights of very loud jets at very low altitudes, with planes emitting high levels of electromagnetic radiation over land and water, for more than 200 days each year.
The residents of Northern Washington and the Gulf Islands have been very vocal in their opposition to this plan, and no vote was taken to obtain public approval. UNESCO has protested the electronic warfare over this area which includes a world heritage site.
Inevitably the Juan de Fuca Strait, southern Vancouver Island, the Canadian Gulf Islands, and most likely the southern mainland of BC will be effected. Despite having sent out many emails and letters about this, I have heard nothing from any politician, whether local, provincial or federal.
I beg you to watch the video on the “Save the Olympic Peninsula” website http://savetheolympicpeninsula.org/ and call for a halt to this invasion of Canadian airspace. The health of our families, our wildlife and our communities is at stake. Please stand with those in Washington trying to save this wonderful space.
“In a room where people unanimously maintain a conspiracy of silence, one word of truth sounds like a pistol shot.” Czeslaw Milosz