- Victories against the heavy handed utility companies are happening everywhere. In California, a judge has ruled that a utility company was acting illegally in assessing an opt out charge and in its reaction to non-payment of the fees – loss of power – for someone who had a physician’s letter advising avoidance of microwave radiation from wireless devices..
- Barrie Trower will be on Lost Arts Radio.com on Saturday, April 18, 6:00 pm PST http://www.blogtalkradio.com/lostartsradio If you cannot listen to it live, they do archive their programs. Barrie will be speaking about $$meters, Acronym: Surveillance Monitoring and Radiation T
- This industry document reports that cyberattacks doubled last year, with prime targets being power plants, factories and refineries, the infrastructure upon which our economy depends.
- A review of scientific literature by Dr. Pall concludes that the panel reviewing Safety Code 6 used the weakest method to reach a conclusion that is unsupported by many independent scientific studies.
It appears that the approach is geared toward the desired result instead of trying to determine whether there is evidence that biological harm can be done by prolonged exposure to even low levels of RF radiation.
- Last night after I sent my Update, there was a problem with the dropbox with Paterson’s Powerpoint. It has since been converted to a pdf file and is on our website at:
https://stopsmartmetersbc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/EM Age Sleeping Giant.pdf
Please use and share.
- A site well worth reading.
- Below is a really good list of interesting articles, reports, actions that have been circulating recently, compiled by Parents for Safe Schools. It provides some good references for letters to politicians, etc.
Lloyd’s of London Stops Providing Insurance Coverage on RF/EMR Claims
Lloyd’s of London, one of the world’s largest insurance providers, published an “Emerging Risks Team Report” about wireless radiation in 2010.
At that time, they compared the risk of electromagnetic radiation to asbestos, but was not ready to act on it yet.
This year, as of February 2015, they finally discontinued all coverage for claims of damages and illnesses associated with electromagnetic radiation.
“This exclusion applies regardless of who manufactured, produced, sold, owned or controlled the transmission sources, transmissions lines, property or equipment that causes or is alleged to have caused the injury or damage.”
Insurance companies have sophisticated risk assessment processes and do not take the addition of an exclusion lightly.
The issue of electromagnetic radiation has escalated over recent years and they finally come to this change in policy. The other excluded substances on the list are toxic mould, asbestos and nuclear.
The potential for legal liabilities can increase exponentially when insurance companies start excluding coverage.
California Medical Association Adopted Resolutions for Stronger Wireless Communication Safety Standards
December 7, 2014
Dr C.L.Russell: “The non ionizing microwave radiation from wi fi routers, ipads, cell phones and cell towers has been thought to be harmless until the last few decades as a rapidly growing body of peer reviewed research has shown very troubling biological and health effects from even low levels of exposure.
The studies have shown negative effects on cell structures, brain function, animals, and plants.
Many experts feel this is a looming public health problem as the use of wireless technology swiftly rises in our homes, offices and schools. EMF standards need to be reevaluated and designed for safety based on the biologic effects on living structures not on heat as is now currently being done.”
Canadian Parliament: Health Committee Hearing (Day 1 of 2) on Health Canada’s Safety Code 6 (Electromagnetic Radiation Guideline)
March 24, 2015
Many MPs asked informed and pertinent questions about cellphone and WiFi radiation, and are especially concerned about the exposure on children and pregnant women.
LA Times: L.A. school district ditches iPad curriculum, seeks refund from Apple
April 15, 2015
“To press its case, the Board of Education on Tuesday authorized its attorneys in a closed-door meeting to explore possible litigation against Apple and Pearson, the company that developed the curriculum as a subcontractor to Apple.”
This happens after LAUSD spent $1.3 billion rolling out its iPad programme.
Telegraph, UK: Leading child psychotherapist Julie Lynn Evans believes easy and constant access to the internet is harming youngsters
March 21, 2015
Julie Lynn Evans has been a child psychotherapist for 25 years, working in hospitals, schools and with families, and she says she has never been so busy. “In the 1990s, I would have had one or two attempted suicides a year – mainly teenaged girls taking overdoses, the things that don’t get reported. Now, I could have as many as four a month.”
The floodgates of desperate youngsters opened, she recalls, in 2010. “I saw my work increase by a mad amount and so did others I work with. Suddenly everything got much more dangerous, much more immediate, much more painful.”
“Something is clearly happening,” she says, “because I am seeing the evidence in the numbers of depressive, anorexic, cutting children who come to see me. And it always has something to do with the computer, the Internet and the smartphone.”
New Study – International Journal of Radiation Biology:
Effects OF 2.4 GHz Radiofrequency Radiation Emitted from Wi-Fi Equipment on microRNA Expression in Brain Tissue
March 16, 2015
“CONCLUSION: Long term exposure of 2.4 GHz RF may lead to adverse effects such as neurodegenerative diseases originated from the alteration of some miRNAs expression and more studies should be devoted to the effects of RF radiation on miRNAs expression levels.”
New Study – Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications:
Tumor promotion by exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields below exposure limits for humans
April 17, 2015
“We could confirm and extend the originally reported findings. Numbers of tumors of the lungs and livers in exposed animals were significantly higher than in sham-exposed controls.
In addition, lymphomas were also found to be significantly elevated by exposure… Since many of the tumor-promoting effects in our study were seen at low to moderate exposure levels (0.04 and 0.4 W/kg SAR), thus well below exposure limits for the users of mobile phones, further studies are warranted to investigate the underlying mechanisms.
Our findings may help to understand the repeatedly reported increased incidences of brain tumors in heavy users of mobile phones.”
New Study – Acta Otolaryngol:
Effects of chronic exposure to electromagnetic waves on the auditory system
April 2, 2015
“CONCLUSION: The results support that chronic electromagnetic field exposure may cause damage by leading to neuronal degeneration of the auditory system.”
New Study – Journal of Microscopy and Ultrastructure:
Why children absorb more microwave radiation than adults: The consequences
Conclusions: The risk to children and adolescent from exposure to microwave radiating (MWR) devices is considerable. Adults have a smaller but very real risk, as well.
(1) Children absorb greater amount of microwave radiation (MWR) than adults;
(2) MWR is a Class 2B (possible) carcinogen as is carbon black, carbon tetrachloride, chloroform, DDT, lead, nickel, phenobarbital, styrene, diesel fuel, and gasoline. It seems clear that we would not expose children to these other agents, so why would we expose children to microwave radiation?
(3) Fetuses are even more vulnerable than children. Therefore pregnant women should avoid exposing their fetus to microwave radiation.
(4) Adolescent girls and women should not place cellphones in their bras or in hijabs.
(5) Cellphone manual warnings make clear an overexposure problem exists.
(6) Wireless devices are radio transmitters, not toys. Selling toys that use them should be banned.
(7) Government warnings have been issued but most of the public are unaware of such warnings.
(8) Exposure limits are inadequate and should be revised such that they are adequate.
New Study, China: Generation of infant anatomical models for evaluating electromagnetic field exposures
“Realistic anatomical modeling is essential in analyzing human exposure to electromagnetic fields… Significant differences in the physical and anatomical features between adult and child models demonstrated the importance of creating realistic infant models. Current safety guidelines for infant exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields may not be conservative.”
France passed legislation restricting WiFi in nurseries and schools, granting citizens the right to know the presence and level of electromagnetic waves in their environment
February 11, 2015
The Green Gazette: Save the girls. Make the bra a no-phone zone.
by Dr. Devra Lee Davis – April/May 2015
Discovery of a new form of breast cancer in younger women with no family history and genetic disposition to breast cancer but who carry cellphones in their bras. Also discusses infertility for men who carry cellphones in their pockets.
And see these important web sites:
Get the latest news by following us on Twitter and please visit/LIKE the following pages on Facebook:
Parents for Safe Schools
Electromagnetic Radiation Safety (by Dr. Joel Moskowitz, UC Berkeley School of Public Health)