- A member reports hearing on the radio: Fortis will start installing in the Joe Rich/Black Mountain area of Kelowna. Pass word!! Get on Facebook and Twitter.
A just now on Castanet news: http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-127859-1-.htm
- A youtube I haven’t had a chance to watch yet, by a very interesting doctor who is sensitive herself.
Electromagnetic Radiation, Health and Children 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNFdZVeXw7M
- An email to the BC Cancer Society and the web site was fixed. No comments, no nothing. Makes one wonder about the accuracy of the other information on their site. This might deserve more comments/complaints to them. See email below from a member in letters.
- As a member points out, the Clark government is being hit hard by social media re. LNG and fracking. We need to use social media to increase the pressure re. $$meters. Please, tweet, use facebook to get the word out about the fire hazards, the illegalities of Hydro ignoring safety standards, etc If you don’t tweet, please ask your kids/grandkids to tweet for you.
- The Syrian Electronic Army is reported to have hacked several media outlets including CBC. Nothing is secure.
- From Ontario – how is the $$mart grid working for them?? Ontario has had $$meters for 4-5 years longer than BC. The problems continue.
Further: Dumb smart meters or dumb smart meter readers by John Wallace – Frontenac News – November 26, 2014:
- Jerry Flynn has written another letter. (see below) Please, forward, copy, use – it is only through our constant and increasing pressure that we will bring about change. The politicians all, of every party, hope we will weaken and disappear.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I have made the revision on our website, http://www.bccancer.bc.ca/HPI/FPON/CN/default.htm .
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Friday, November 28, 2014 11:17 AM
Subject: Query from www.bccancer.bc.ca: Hugh Hinskens (email@example.com)BCCA ContactUs Form User Query
Postal Code: V8Z 1G6
Require Reply: Yes
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Question or Comment
On your website on the page: http://www.bccancer.bc.ca/HPI/FPON/CN/default.htm you list a “Dr. Mary McBride.”
You may be interested to know that this is a well known fraud and she has been misrepresenting herself as the holder of a Ph.D. for many years when she does not hold a doctorate.
This does not reflect well on your organization and you would be well advised to remove this fraudulent misrepresentation of credentials from your site. http://bc.ctvnews.ca/cancer-agency-exaggerated-researcher-s-credentials-1.518539
From: Jerry Flynn
To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, “adrian dix mla” <email@example.com>, “scott fraser mla” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “JAG Minister” <JAG.Minister@gov.bc.ca>
Cc: “bill bennett mla” <email@example.com>, “terry lake mla” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “mary polak mla” <email@example.com>, “AVED Minister” <AVED.Minister@gov.bc.ca>, “MCF Minister” <MCF.Minister@gov.bc.ca>
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2014
Subject: Electromagnetic Radiation in B.C.
BC’s Provincial Health Officer, Dr. Perry Kendall, is playing Russian roulette with the health/lives of all British Columbians by refusing to accept that:
a) chronic exposure to low-level, pulsed, non-thermal radio frequency radiation, which baby monitors, Smart Meters, cell phones, Wi-Fi routers, etc. all emit, is harmful to humans and all living things; and,
b) some people are electro-hypersensitive (“EHS”) to radiation!
The US military, the Warsaw Conference (’73), the WHO, Canadian Human Rights Commission and many countries recognize it – but not Canada or the USA!
He also blindly defends Health Canada’s Safety Code 6, steadfastly reassuring British Columbians it protects them from today’s wireless radiation-emitting devices – even though Health Canada admitted in court that it does NOT protect against NON-THERMAL radiation!
He ignores that European countries began banning cell phones from schools in 2003 and now discourage Wi-Fi in schools, libraries etc. Since 2011, the Council of Europe (47 countries) encourages its member countries to observe the Precautionary Principle, and to reduce their ‘safety’ levels of radiation to one that is tens-of-thousands of times lower than Canada’s reviled Safety Code 6!