- Program installations in Texas are being delayed due to concerns raised by groups like ours!!
- Last night there was a major outage that affected many thousands of people in the west Okanogan area. Could this have been avoided if the money spent on $meters had been spent on upgrades of infrastructure?? Did people have to call in to tell Hydro about the outage or did $$meters notify Hydro – does anyone know?? These people got a short taste of what it will be like when the grid is attacked.
- Today I met with my MLA about the fire report and she will be arranging a meeting with several MLAs and Adrian Dix when the session begins in Victoria. Please, email, write, phone or meet with your MLA to tell him/her about the fire issue and the fees that are discriminatory and onerous. If every MLA (especially NDP ones) has been contacted by multiple constituents it will give me ammunition. After your meeting, or when you get a response from your MLA, please comment at http://sios.ca/emr
- Winery owners acknowledge that a cell tower is not in the best interests of the West Kelowna area – and refuse to allow. Thank you to the Gidda family and the Mt. Boucherie Winery!! http://mtboucheriewinery.com/
- Hydro is really pushing commercial accountholders, sending linemen to turn off power if they do not accept a full blown $$meter. Under “meter choice”, Bennett did not allow these people to opt out or to have a smeter with the transmitter turned off. This is wrong and an infringement upon their civil rights. Many of these commercial accountholders are doctors, dentists, organic farmers, those with real concerns about their employees’ health. Many of the business owners are standing firm and saying no to the smeter, risking loss of the ability to carry on their work. Liberals are threatening and harming small businesses in BC. They are only for big corporations and their corporate friends.
This back and forth between a member and BCUC after the member tried for months to get some questions answered, please read from top down.
Dear Mr. X
Thank you for your telephone call to the BC Utilities Commission on September 29, 2014. As discussed, BC Hydro applied the Failed Installation Charge to your account in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Electric Tariff.
Since you refused access to the meter installer because he was not able to answer your question about the FM S2 code on the meter, the installer was unable to complete the installation. As such, a Failed Installation Charge was billed to your account.
Based on the information provided, Commission staff are satisfied that BC Hydro is following the Electric Tariff and the Utilities Commission Act. Accordingly, your file is now closed. Thank you for contacting the Commission.
Customer Service Specialist
British Columbia Utilities Commission
6th Floor, 900 Howe Street, Box 250
Vancouver, B.C. V6Z 2N3
Phone: 604.660.4700 | Fax: 604.660.1102 | Toll Free: 1.800.663.1385
c/o Betty Smith
MLA for Nanaimo~North Cowichan
112-50 Tenth Street, Nanaimo, B.C.
Dear Mr. Routley,
I have received a reply from Mr. Wruck of BCUC, which basically found that I was at fault. I found intolerable that as a consumer/customer I do not have any rights to question the installation of a meter on my premises even if I believe I am not satisfied about its safety or quality or because I do not have sufficient information about the device. If you read the attached you’ll see that I was not denying its installation on my premises but that I wanted all the necessary information to make a learned choice. At the time I was not even requesting the installation of an analog meter, which as you have probably learned its even more of an issue from a safety (fires) perspective or health (radiation) perspective, which has forced some provinces and states to scrap their installation altogether. Last but not the least, why the province of Quebec is only charging $5.00 instead of the $32.50 that our province is charging for the opt-out program? It appears to me that our province is letting BC-Hydro into forcing its customers into submission/compliance by charging those high opt-out fees in what I can only call a racketeering schema.
Mr. Routley, I ask you again (email of 8.20.2014): isn’t it time that our Province and legislature act to stop the dangers to life and property caused by smart meters fires?
Also, isn’t it time that the privacy and health of us citizens is fully respected and taken into account?
From: edgar murdoch [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] (email and name given with permission of author)
Sent: October 1, 2014 3:00 PM
To: To:; email@example.com; Cc: Hon. Terry Lake
Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Subject: E-Cigs vs. Smart Mters & Wi-Fi
Dear Madam and/or Sir, re: E-Cigarettes
C’mon Minister. No there isn’t any evidence that e-cigarettes are safe as you say and we agree, BUT THERE IS ALSO NO EVIDENCE – ZERO, NADA, RIEN, NIENTE – THAT SMART METERS, WI-FI or for that matter genetically engineered foods (GMO’s) are safe either. In fact the exact opposite is true.
No one has seen a word from your desk arguing against wireless technology or plastic food where an enormous body of evidence from independent scientists and medical professionals with absolutely nothing to gain fiscally or career-wise, except the feeling that they have done what they can in order to promote a safe, secure and healthy environment in which all life can procreate. Do you or any of your corporate funded associates go home every night with this same feeling? There is also no evidence available to support that you do.
But, of course, I almost forgot that the e-cig lobbyists will not have the same clout or deep pockets as the wireless technology or multi-national food corporations to whom you all bow and scrape, and the still very big tobacco group hates them too…e-cigs that is.
However, ordinary folk around the globe have awakened from the deep sleep into which corporate-driven governments have attempted to subject them and those jurisdictions that are overseen by administrations that seem to care or at least are listening to their constituents are shutting the doors on these deleterious technologies.
Those profit-laden protocols are already having adverse effects with their toxic and lethal properties on populations where they are prevalent. The global risk of a pandemic from these so-called innovations is far more dangerous and probable than ebola or any other man-made hoax virus which is being promoted and funded by the profit-hungry, psychopathic corporate misanthropists aided and abetted by government administrations around the world such as Canada and the United States.
Before humanity is flushed down the drain entirely, you and others of your ilk might spend a moment or two refreshing your obvious out-of-touch familiarity with the precautionary principle (look it up!) and apply it to all the questionable initiatives emanating from the bowels of corpocracy before they are disseminated to an innocent population world-wide.