1) Our battle re. $$meters concerns many problems, one of the most important being the microwave radiation and dirty electricity caused by them and the grid. Many studies have shown that children are the most vulnerable to these emissions. Below is a letter from a doctor who treats autistic children to the US FCC, asking for stricter standards, giving case histories as examples of how children are paying the price for the “convenience” of wireless devices like $$meters, cell phones, and wifi.
2) Someone put out a notice for people who are anti-$meter and who are resisting Hydro to come to his home in Comox Valley. Obviously the interest is very high in this area, as I suspect it is in most. Hopefully more meetings like this can occur – we need to keep in touch with each other.
Resistance to Smart Meters grows province-wide by Kel Kelly – Tide Change – June 04, 2014:
3) As a result of the meeting another community is joining the June 14 Rally
front of the Courtenay office of MLA Don McRae on Saturday, June 14th at noon, 437 – 5th Street.
This brings the number of participating in the national day of protest “SMART METERS = DEMOCRACY DENIED” communities in BC to 7. Please let me know if I’m missing any.
Victoria, Nanaimo and Courtenay on the Island.
Vancouver, Powell River, Kelowna, and the Salmon Arm. on the mainland.
4) People in New Hampshire are being warned about the ITRON C1S (the digital meter that Hydro is installing on as many homes as possible). I am concerned that Hydro is pulling a fast one by getting as many digital meters on our homes as possible.
“The spec sheet for Itron’s residential CENTRON Model C1S describes its ability to be upgraded easily to permit metering functions common to “smart meters,” such as demand, time-of-use and load profile. Utilities aren’t calling them “smart meters”;
5) Texans are upset because their utility commission is considering an industry-biased, unscientific reportas evidence while making its decision about $meters for the community. Just like Hydro and Fortis, they probably paid for this report – big bucks to hear just what they wanted to be told.
6) Many people are sending me their Hydro bills that include errors, overstated charges, double billing, and now this – credits legacy fee payments. Hydro is either absolutely incompetent or they are trying to deceive us in our billings, but we will pay the price when some time down somebody stumbles on the mistakes. From one member:
Please warn people to look very closely at their BC Hydro bills. I don’t know if our account is typical, but BC Hydro doesn’t seem to be actually charging the extortion fee of $35 per month or the grandly reduced extortion fee of $32.40 per month. This fee (or pro-rated amounts when they changed the reading date) has appeared on our bills since January, and although we have been paying it in a separate cheque since December, it only shows up as a credit. The credit is now higher than our regular equal-payment bill, so we got a notice: “Please do not pay this bill. Your account has a credit balance that we will deduct from your next bill.” On the next page it says “The British Columbia Utilities Commission (BCUC) has provided the final decision on Meter Choices fees effective December 2, 2013. The cost for customers who have retained an old meter will be $32.40 per month. Since the interim fee was $35.00 per month a credit with interest will be applied to your BC Hydro bill within the next few months.” [Emphasis added.]
It looks like they’re trying to lull people into thinking their bills are paid in full – then in the “next few months” (after a return to colder weather?) they will suddenly apply all the extortion charges they have been “crediting” people – which by then may be close to $300.00. (Our “credit” is already over $200.00.) So I would advise people to read their charges closely, add them up, and pay them now rather than be hit with a real whopper down the road. Of course people who have chosen not to pay still have that choice of conscience, but they will be hit hard too. And then BC Hydro can say look, you’re not paying your bill, we’ll have to cut your power and won’t turn it back on without a smart meter in place. So be very careful.
7) Port Angeles council votes to kill the $meter programs (electric and water).
Date: May 24, 2014 3:31:30 PM GMT-04:00
Subject: FCC comment details how removing RFR improves kids’ behaviour problems overnight
Please scroll down to read case histories by Dr. Jelter of Walnut Creek as part of the FCC Comment for Proceeding 13-84 . It is copied and pasted below– regarding how removing EMF/RFR from homes greatly improves and in fact transforms kids behavioural issues overnight. Please note that the FCC safety standards are the same as Canada’s Safety Code 6.
Dr. Jelter is listed on the ‘Autism Speaks’ website and she is active in treating autism in young children: http://www.autismspeaks.org/
Toril H. Jelter, M.D. FAAP
M.D. I. Wellness Center
325 North Wiget Lane
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Sept. 2, 2013
Re: The reassessment of FCC radio frequency exposure limits and policies
I am writing to you today to request that you reevaluate current FCC safety standards for wireless technologies and “dirty” electricity. The reason I am requesting this is because current
research and what I see in my clinical practice indicate a revision of current safety standards is long overdue.
Children are suffering disability and disease in much higher numbers than 30 years ago. Their EMF exposure is clearly a significant contributing factor. The fastest, most reliable way of educating yourselves on this topic is to read and understand the Bioinitiative Reports of 2007 and the 2012 update. Table 1-1 “Summary for the public” would be a good starting point.
1. Children have a right to live and play and learn where their DNA will not be damaged by non-ionizing radiation. This is not the case today. See sections 5 and 6 of the 2012 Bioinitiative Report for evidence for effects on genes and protein expression and genotoxic
effects – RFR and ELF DNA damage with current “safety standards.”
2. Children have a right to live and play and learn in locations where their immune systems are adequately protected from detrimental non-ionizing radiation. This is not the case today. See Section 8 of the 2012 Bioinitiative Report “Evidence for effects on immune function.” Children are developing allergies and cancer at much higher rates than before.
3. Children have a right to live and play and learn where non-ionizing radiation will not adversely affect their neurology or behavior. This is not the case today. See Section 9 of the 2012 Bioinitiative Report “Evidence for effects on neurology and behavior”
A four-year-old boy presents to my office with his parents. They request help for their son so he may be able to learn and behave better. He moves around my waiting room like a hurricane,
turning over chairs, pulling at the blinds, damaging the blinds, and screaming. His parents look on with their shoulders drooping and their hands in their pockets. They love their son dearly but
he is so out of control they have no clue where to begin. We agree on a two-week EMF remediation trial (no Wi-Fi for 12 hours at night, no cordless phones, and Stetzer filters to decrease detrimental EMF from house wiring). Within one week I received an email from his
parents. “The EMF remediation trial is working. Our son is now able to have more back and forth conversation. We have better eye contact with him and he is even receptive to the idea of a star chart for good behavior. In addition his bowel movements are now normal.”
At follow-up in my office, which now had RF filters throughout, this child was calm, poised, made good eye contact and could converse at age level. His “bad” behaviors were gone.
A five-year-old boy presents with parents who tell me their child has uncontrollable arm flapping daily and has been diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. They disagree with the diagnosis because when he visits grandma in rural Tennessee for a month, the arm flapping stops completely! When they return to the San Francisco Bay Area the arm flapping returns. The parents also mention that there is no cell-phone reception in grandma’s area of Tennessee.
A three-year-old child is being evaluated for speech delay and learning disability. He also has frequent high-pitched screaming and head-bangs and rocks a lot and has great sleep difficulties.
But when he visits his aunt in rural Oregon (where there is no cell-phone reception) he sleeps for the first 24 hours and then wakes up like a “new child.” He no longer screams, he is calm, he plays normally, he can sleep at night and be awake during the day. When the family returns to their home in California, their son has high-pitched screaming again when they reach the Sacramento area, and his sleep difficulties and other problems return.
4. Children have a right to live, play and learn in locations that protect them from developing cancer at a young age. This is not the case today.
A 12-year-old girl presents with her dad. She is diagnosed with liver cancer. Six months later, shortly after her 13th birthday, she succumbs.
A five-year-old girl develops a severe headache. She takes the ice cream from the grocery cart and puts it against her head for relief. She has a brain tumor. She spends the next year in and out of the hospital. Finally, she has an uncontrollable seizure and dies.
A two-week-old child is diagnosed with cancer. He spends the rest of his life in and out of the hospital. At age five he says to his mother “I can’t do this any more.” That night, he breathes his last breath.
See section 11 and 12 of the 2012 Bioinitative Report for evidence of brain tumors and acoustic neuromas and childhood cancers (leukemia.)
5. Children have a right to a good night’s sleep.
See the Bioinitiative Report section 13. Evidence for effects of low-intensity electromagnetic radiation on melatonin (the sleep hormone.)
A four-year-old boy presents with his parents with a complaint of sleep difficulties. He hasn’t slept for two years and climbs in his parents’ bed every night, so they also have had poor sleep for two years and are exhausted.
The evening before they came to see me, they gave their son some melatonin and it seemed to help. Knowing that EMF can lower melatonin, I suggested a two-week EMF remediation trial.
(No Wi-Fi 12 hours at night, no cordless phone, and Stetzer filters to lower extremely low frequency EMF.)
They followed my EMF remediation instructions and stopped the melatonin supplement. Within a few days the son and the parents were sleeping fine without a melatonin supplement.
6. Children have a right to live, play and learn in locations that permit them to retain their fertility so that they may reproduce when they become adults. That is not the case today. Most schools have Wi-Fi and more. Young girls place laptops on their laps where non-ionizing radiation from the laptop can damage their future offspring as all their eggs are mere inches from the laptop.
See section 18 of the 2012 Bioinitiative Report. Fertility and reproduction- effects of EMF.
7. Children have a right to live play and learn in locations that permit them to grow up and have the ability to reproduce and have healthy children.
A young woman with excellent health and good pre-natal care gives birth to a boy with a heart defect. No previous relatives on either side had a heart defect. During her pregnancy, she lived in a building across the street from a power substation. The light bulbs burst frequently in her apartment and needed to be replaced often. This is a sign of too much dirty electricity in the home. Too much dirty electricity (ELF) contributes to birth defects.
See section 19 of the 2012 Bioinitiative Report. Fetal and neonatal effects of EMF.
8. Children have a right to live, play and learn in a location that permits them the ability to speak.
A 12-year-old boy comes to my office with his parents, who are asking for help with his aggressive behavior. He has also been diagnosed with autism and is unable to speak (non-verbal).
They agree to a two-week EMF remediation trial. Within three days this young man said a complete sentence much to the disbelief of his mother and himself! His aggressive behaviors disappeared.
See section 20 of the Bioinitiative Report. “Findings in autism consistent with EMF and RFR”
Over 1% of America’s children now have autism. And the numbers continue to rise. In addition to the pain and suffering these children and families experience, this problem alone threatens to bankrupt whole school systems at a time when we can least afford it.
When I as a physician need to perform a potentially dangerous procedure on a child, such as a spinal tap, I need to explain why it is necessary and what the risks are. Then I need to get written consent from the parents and the parents have the right to refuse.
Currently, we are performing large-scale experiments on America’s children without informing children or their parents of the risk. Children and their parents have not given their consent nor
have they been given an option to opt out.
See section 2, 3 and 4 of the 2012 Bioinitiative Report. “Statement of the problem, the existing public exposure standards and evidence for inadequacy of current standards.”
A nation that does not protect its children has no future. Please reevaluate the FCC Safety Guidelines for non-ionizing radiation.
America’s children have the right to sleep, speak, behave, learn and – as adults – to reproduce.
Please don’t take these from them. Please help America’s children and America to have a future.
Thank you for your time.
Toril H. Jelter M.D. FAAP
P.S. – All case histories are real patients, minor details have been omitted or changed to ensure