- Things are going absolutely wild with the new technology. Now extreme frequencies are being planned, ones that can be bounced around obstacles. It will be able to communicate with our appliances, etc. And look at the comments that try to sell the industry/FCC/Health Can. position that non-ionizing RFR radiation is safe because it can’t heat the body. This is so antiquated, no proven to be wrong, but the supporters still push it at least in North America.
- Some lively discussions around $meters and extortion in Colorado.
- Some time ago when people were being harassed and frightened, I asked for people to volunteer to be contacts for their areas, so if someone felt he/she needed support, there was someone nearby who could help. The list of volunteers was on our website and I’d periodically ask for updates. When our site was hacked a while back, this was lost. Attached is the list as I currently have it. I don’t know if it is still accurate or now. I would like to put it back on the website. Would you please look at it and tell me if your name is there and shouldn’t be or if the contact info. has changed? If your name isn’t there and you’d like to be a contact person, please let me know. Please send to email@example.com with “contacts” on the subject line.
- Hacking is illegal, as is stealing electricity. We all know that, and abide by it. But one of Hydro’s main selling points of these $$meters is that they will reduce theft of power. This, like so many things they’ve told us, just is not true. Someone sent me a list of hacking videos that are readily available on the internet. Here is BC, a couple of years ago one member told me his 12 year old daughter was able to make the $meter stop running with her cell phone. We will end up paying for this power being stolen – as well as for the stupid $meters, grid, additional software, security programs, etc. etc.
List of hacking videos and links:
(you can do your own searchesusing Yahoo and Google and Bing)
1. How privacy-conscious consumers are fooling, hacking smart meters
2. hacking smart meters. …
Bureau of Investigation investigated widespread incidents of power thefts in Puerto Rico believed to be related to smart meter
3. SMART METER HACK
smart meter hacked by security company.
4. How To Hack A Smart Meter – Video Results
5. Foiling a “Smart” Meter, Part Two: Aluminum Mesh Screening
6. How hackers can steal electricity
7. More How To Hack A Smart Meter videos
8. Smart meter hacking tool released
Jul 22, 2012 · Smart meter hacking tool released. Summary: Termineter, an open-source tool designed to assess the security of smart meters, has been released.
9. BBC News – Smart meters need to be harder to hack
May 25, 2013 · Smart meters need to be harder to hack, experts say … the hacking of a nation’s entire power grid via its smart meter network could be catastrophic.
10. DEFCON 2012 – Hacking Smart Meters – Part 1 of 5
“Looking Into the Eye of the Meter – When you look at a Smart Meter, it practically winks at you. Their Optical Port calls to you. It calls to criminals as …
11. 5 Hacks That Render Smart Meters Dumb
Aug 16, 2012 · … hacking smart meters The recent roll out of smart meters has brought about mixed reactions from … Using a digital radio to Hack a Smart Meter.
12. FBI: Smart Meter Hacks Likely to Spread — Krebs on Security
Smart meters are intended to improve … The two researchers were slated to demo their smart meter hacking tools at the Shmoocon security conference earlier …
13. Open Source Smart Meter Hacking Framework can Hack into the …
It claims will let security researchers and penetration testers verify the security of electric utility smart meters being installed in millions of homes around the …
14. How to Hack your electricity meter « Hacks, Mods & Circuitry
This video will show you what you’ll need to know to hack a digital electric meter. You’ll need 2 magnets,
The electricity meters are also a sensitive issue, as they are used for more than taxing and demand estimation: it allows the police to detect unusual spikes in consumption and identify households that illegally farm marijuana.