[AI Artificial Intelligence – American Cancer Society – Ana Molina – Antennas – Brain Abnormalities – Buddy Mendes – Catherine Kleiber – Cell Phones – Cell Towers – CERENAT, Interphone & NTP Studies – Children – CTIA – Darrel Pyle – Data for Sale – Doctor Anthony B. Miller – EHT – Ellen Marks – EMFs – EMR – Endocrine Disrupter – EPA – Facebook – FCC – Firefighters Exemption & Opposition to California SB 649 (Ben Hueso & Bill Quirk) Microcells / Small Cells Microwave Antennas Public Right-of-way Siting Legislation – Google – Health – Heart – IARC Group 1 Carcinogenic – Industry Canada – Insurance – Jerry Brown – Joel Moskowitz – Jonathan L. Kramer – Lawsuits – Lee Brand – Lew Currier – Mike Skirpan – Neurotoxicologist – NTP – Oliver Baines – Pasi Ala-Mieto – Privacy – Quanta Monitor & Guard – RF – Siting of Telecom Transmitters in Churches, Hospitals, Schools, Senior Citizens Homes – Tomasa Duenas – WHO – Wi-Fi – Wireless Devices | BC – Canada – Nigeria – Carpinteria, Fresno, Los Angeles, Palo Alto & Sacramento, California & Maryland & Wisconsin, USA]
1) Telecoms target certain sites for transmitters, even though Industry Canada says that transmitters are to be co-located on “infrastructure”. Favorite targets are churches, schools, hospitals and senior citizen homes because these institutions always need money. The most vulnerable are deliberately targeted for profit. These transmitters have been found on hospitals:
(click on photos to enlarge)
2) In California, where there is strong resistance to a bill [SB 649] allowing microcells to be put outside homes (as is happening in BC), firehalls are exempt because firemen are aware of the health effects of microwave radiation.
California: Bill to ease permits for cell phone towers could affect health
“Quirk’s chief of staff, Tomasa Duenas, said that her boss’ original decision to exempt firefighters in that 2015 bill “stemmed from concerns they (firefighters) raised about their ability to negotiate working conditions.’’
But Lew Currier, a director of the Los Angeles County Firefighters Local 1014, said the “working condition” that worried his members the most was exposure to radiation or electromagnetic fields emitted by cell towers. So the union, as well as the union representing firefighters in the city of Los Angeles, directed its Sacramento lobbying group to intervene and amend Quirk’s legislation with a carve-out for fire stations in the state.
The urgency to amend the bill, Currier said, was prompted by a 2004 brain scan study by a Los Angeles neurotoxicologist of a group of firefighters in Carpinteria who had lived and slept inside a station near a large cell tower for five years. The study found brain abnormalities in all the men tested, including delayed reaction time, lack of impulse control and cognitive impairment.”
3) More about the microcell / 5G battle in California, a press release by Fresno announcing it is joining with 215 other cities in the battle to prevent telecoms from over-riding civil authority and community rights. When will our elected leaders speak up for us and our rights?
Local Elected Leaders Unite in Fresno to Stop the Big Telecom Power Grab
Leaders from the City of Fresno, County of Fresno, and others urge lawmakers to reject SB 649 (Hueso), which eliminates local governments’ authority to determine where wireless equipment on public property and transfers authority and dollars from local communities to corporate profits
4) Loss of privacy is just one concern when our data is being gathered and used, as it is by the smeter.
Tech companies want your data, and concerns go far beyond
The two most alarming factors of our data-driven world that lie in the background are predictive inference and algorithmic decision-making. Until the general public sees the future of our data being owned, bought, and sold by companies, not as the death of privacy, but as the introduction of new society of automated decisions and subtle manipulations, we will continue to overlook the true consequence.
5) Foreign media is beginning to inform the public about the experts who feel strongly that RF from any wireless device should be reclassified as a “true carcinogen”. In our media, there has been no coverage at all about this effort. This is from Nigeria.
Cell phone, wireless radiation classified ‘group 1 carcinogenic to humans’
“A scientific view by an expert cancer researcher and advisor to the World Health Organization International Agency for Research on Cancer (WHO/IARC) has classified radio frequency (RF) radiation from any source – such as the signals emitted by cell phones, other wireless and cordless and sensor devices, and wireless networks – fully meets criteria to be classified as a “Group 1 carcinogenic to humans” agent…
“There seems to be fierce debate between telecommunication industry and epidemiologist/doctors, about the possible health effects of cellphones, why not to use existing technology to reduce the possible health effects of radio frequency exposure?
There are 20 years old standards that the telecom operators and regulators are blindly following, even during that time the industry has had one of the speediest technology development in a human history, and cellphone usage has changed from occasional business talks of rich people to commodity 24/7 data tool for about every citizen on the Earth.”
6) In Wisconsin, a call to remove Wi-Fi from schools. There are strong groups like ours fighting against this electrosmog in every state in the USA, in most provinces in Canada, in just about every country. Our numbers are growing and our voices will be heard.
Catherine Kleiber: Safety calls for removing wireless technology from schools
Wireless technology must be removed from schools, libraries, and other public buildings because it is carcinogenic, is an endocrine disrupter, and causes other detrimental biological effects.
= = =
(4) videos – http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/are-microwaves-from-mobiles-wi-fi-harming-our-children/
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.