[5G Wireless – BC Hydro Radio Off Smart Meters – BCUC – Bruce Campion-Smith – Cell Phones – Dariusz Leszczynski – Doctor Narenda P. Singh – Duke Energy Itron Smart Meters and Bill Increases – EHV Extremely High Voltage – EMF Research – EMP Electromagnetic Pulse – EW Electronic Warfare – Henry Lai – Jerry Flynn Letter to Minister of National Defence Harjit Singh Sajjan – Louis Slesin – NASA – RF Weapons – Security – Site C Petition – Telus PureFibre Optics – William Gortney | BC – Canada – China – Iran – North Korea – Russia – USA] & (video)
1) BC Hydro continues to have smeters with operating transmitters that should have been turned off. A member shared this letter from BC Hydro to BCUC with details of just a few more, but how many others are out there and no one knows? If you wonder and don’t have an RF meter, you can use an AM radio to get some idea.
(click on photos to enlarge)
Test over a long period of time and at different times of the day.
2) An article by Dariusz Leszczynski about how money and industry corrupt science, much as was the heart of Louis Slesin’s tribute to Dr. Singh.
Where science and big money collide…
3) In several US states, Duke Energy has installed ITRON smeters and people are getting major increases in bills. Outrage is building. There is an effort building to connect people who have problems with ITRON in these areas. I asked if they wanted info from BC ITRON customers but, at this point, they are busy building their efforts in Duke’s area.
5+ years of shenanigans with Duke Energy and their AMI “smart meters”
4) The truth and hype about 5G. From this article, it seems certain that Telus’s “offer” to bring fiber optic cable right to homes is the necessary first step in achieving a “5G world”.
The Next Generation of Wireless — “5G” — Is All Hype.
“In order to work, 99% of any “5G” wireless deployment will have to be fiber running very close to every home and business. The high-frequency spectrum the carriers are planning to use wobbles billions of times a second but travels incredibly short distances and gets interfered with easily…
We’re going to have to have fiber interconnection points right next to houses and office buildings, and in many places fiber running inside those buildings. And to reach indoor areas with reliable high capacity, you’ll need multiple antennas inside rooms that can beam signals towards you from multiple angles (to avoid the “people as bags of water” problem).”
5) “Site C petition delivers 120K signatures asking feds to halt dam construction”
From: Jerry Flynn
Sent: April 30, 2017 8:36 PM
Subject: FW: Minister of National Defense: Harjit Singh Sajjan – Canada’s National Security is in Peril!
Please advise Bruce this is an exclusive to the ‘Star’ – for 72 hours!
From: Jerry Flynn
Sent: April-30-17 4:22 PM
To: firstname.lastname@example.org; James.Bezan@parl.gc.ca; Randall.Garrison@parl.gc.ca; email@example.com; Tony.Clement@parl.gc.ca; Kirsty.Duncan@parl.gc.ca; Matthew.Dube@parl.gc.ca; Michel.Boudrias@parl.gc.ca
Cc: Harjit.Sajjan@parl.gc.ca; Justin.Trudeau@parl.gc.ca; Ralph.Goodale@parl.gc.ca; Jody.Wilson-Raybould@parl.gc.ca
Subject: Minister of National Defense: Harjit Singh Sajjan – Canada’s National Security is in Peril!
April 30, 2017
Dear Mr. Campion-Smith,
Ottawa Bureau Chief, Toronto Star:
Concerning Harjit Singh Sajjan, this too should concern ALL Canadians, indeed all North Americans!
Canada’s National Security and Public Safety are in Peril!
On December 15, 2015, I emailed the attached letter [https://stopsmartmetersbc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Letter-to-Minister-of-National-Defence-Hon.-Harjit-S.-Sajjan-Threat-to-Canadas-National-Security-by-Jerry-Flynn-Dec.-15-2015.pdf], entitled: “Threat to Canada’s National Security” to Defense Minister Sajjan, with a copy to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. Although Minister Sajjan did reply to me, he did so in a polite but obviously dismissive way, making it frighteningly clear that he felt my concerns were unfounded. I replied, equally politely, that he was being poorly advised.
I am a retired Canadian Armed Forces captain who spent 22 of my 26+ years in Canada’s military in the arcane fields of Electronic Warfare (EW) and Signals Intelligence (SIGINT). My security clearance was “Top-Secret (code word).” My most relevant appointments included: two years in National Defence Headquarters in the Directorate of Electronic Warfare (DEW), where I was the sole EW officer charged with supporting Canada’s only army EW Company. For two years I worked closely with U.S. and NATO army EW units and completed, at my own initiative, a lengthy NATO army EW officers’ course in Anzio, Italy. Later, I participated in a major NATO army EW officers’ field exercise in Germany (again, at my own initiative). While in DEW I accepted invitations to visit the U.S. Pentagon and, separately, Fort Bragg, N.C., the U.S. Army’s major EW base. My previous two-year posting was in the SIGINT world, for which I was personally sought out and asked if I would assume the duties of both Executive Officer and Operations Officer at one of Canada’s largest and most sensitive SIGINT radio stations. Here approximately 200 specially-trained radio intercept operators conducted either COMINT or ELINT under my direction. Throughout this period I worked closely with the USA’s NSA and, to a lesser degree, with Britain’s GCHQ. Earlier in my career I conducted Radio Warfare (today‘s EW) at sea aboard two Canadian warships.
No scientist trained in EMF (electro-magnetic field) radiation and no military EW expert would be so stupid as to utilize wireless ‘smart’ meters as the underpinnings of a country’s national electric power grid, from a national security perspective. Nor would they even mention ‘wireless anything’ being an option for such a critical part of a country’s infrastructure! As a former EW and SIGINT expert (and one-time operator of Canada’s most northerly HAM radio station – VE8TU), I can say without fear of contradiction that there is absolutely no communication system on earth more defenseless, more vulnerable or more unreliable than a wireless radio system! Surely, World War II taught us that? Today‘s micro technology, though infinitely more sophisticated, versatile and capable is even more susceptible to attacks from not just hostile nations, but from organized terrorists and others wishing to do harm to Canada.
The USA’s eminent Dr. Peter Vincent Pry, Executive Director of the *EMP Task Force on National and Homeland Security, deserves credit for much of the following information.    An EMP or *electromagnetic pulse* is like a super-energetic radio wave from natural or manmade causes that can damage and destroy electronic systems across vast regions, potentially across the entire continental United States, across Europe, or any other country that has not hardened its electric power grid. Authorities say that Russia and China have substantially hardened their electric grids. Other nations are also beginning to do so, but not Canada or the U.S., even though the U.S. government has received 11 studies conducted prior to 2008 by senior U.S. military and intelligence authorities, all of which concluded that the USA could be facing an electric Armageddon!)  NASA scientists also continue to warn that a huge solar EMP is long-overdue! 
The Achilles Heel of every modern nation is its electric power grid, on which all other infrastructures depend, e.g., telecommunications, fuel, transportation, food and water supply, healthcare, waste and disposal, commerce and finance, etc. From a national security perspective, the governments of Canada and the U.S. are guilty of making the same four unbelievably stupid mistakes:
1) Allowing electric power utilities to regulate themselves, knowing full well that they are profit-driven;
2) Permitting their previously separate national electric power grids to be interconnected – the consequence of which is that both countries now share the same frighteningly unprotected and vulnerable North American electric power grid!
3) Permitting their electric utilities to utilize wireless radio ‘Smart’ meters to control and manage their operations nationwide; and
4) Failing to create an effective independent oversight authority within government to ensure that electric power utilities did nothing that could possibly jeopardize national security or harm its people!
Being profit-driven, electric power utilities in both countries understandably make maximum use of state-of-the-art technology (i.e. in industrial control and communication systems, etc.) to manage and control their far-flung power generation, transmission and distribution operations. However, modern technologies all contain delicate, heat-sensitive microelectronics which are known to be some 10-million times more vulnerable than were vacuum tubes! While use of state-of-the-art technology can greatly improve the efficiency of any industry, military and intelligence authorities know that microelectronics and wireless communications are also the Achilles Heel of any electric power utility!
Because Canada and the U.S. share a common electric power grid, both countries now face the same frightening existential threats:
1) Electromagnetic pulse or “EMP” – which can be natural (solar flares) or man-made – either nuclear or non-nuclear!
2) Cyber-attack – viruses and/or hacking, which can take down significant portions of a national grid or the entire grid!
3) Radio Frequency (RF) weapons, a single one of which can cause significant local or regional damage to any electric power grid. 
It is public knowledge today that North Korea is determined to become a nuclear power with the capability to launch nuclear missiles that can reach North America.  Intelligence agencies have long-known that North Korea already has both mid-range and long range ICBMs capable of delivering a nuclear EMP over the USA! Russia and China are also known to possess EMP weapons, and Iran is thought to be pursuing them as well.   Al-Qaeda is also known to possess at least RF weapons!
On April 7, 2015, NORAD Commander, Admiral William Gortney, said NORAD is moving back into the underground bunker inside Cheyenne Mountain, spending $700 million to further harden the bunker against nuclear electromagnetic pulse (EMP) attack from North Korea and others. 
It is estimated that, if a nation is without electric power for one-year, 90% of its people will die! And the U.S. intelligence community knows that, of the 2,000 or so EHV (extremely high voltage) power transformers in the U.S., it would take the destruction of just nine ‘key’ EHV power transformers to plunge the entire nation – and because their grids are interconnected, probably Canada too – into darkness! Governments must wake up and realize that EHV power transformers, which are enormous in size and hugely expensive, are custom ordered and take about 18 months each to build! Only two countries in the world now manufacture EHV power transformers – neither of which is Canada or the U.S.! Despite this, electric power industry lobbyists in the U.S. continue to block – as they have for years – passage of legislation still in the U.S. Senate that would oblige electric utilities to harden critical elements of the U.S. national electric power grid!
In conclusion, given the mind-numbing reality of today‘s existential threats (EMPs, cyber-attack, RF weapons, etc.), no country must ever again allow electric power utilities to regulate themselves! Instead, national governments must invoke their equivalent of a “National Emergency Act” and impose their national security needs on electric utilities across the country. In part, national governments must:
1) Immediately ensure that all critical elements of their present national electric grid are suitably hardened;
2) Urgently develop and implement a plan to quickly dismantle the current national electric grid in favour of more secure smaller, independent provincial, regional, municipal and even micro-grids;
3) Immediately replace all wireless ‘Smart’ meters with more robust and durable analogue meters;
4) Replace, where possible, all existing wireless technology with hardened, buried fiber optic and/or coaxial cable;
5) Establish an effective and technically-capable engineering oversight unit within the nation’s military electronic warfare (EW) headquarters. (This new EW unit’s primary mandate would be to oversee and regulate the generation, transmission and distribution of all electricity throughout the country).
6) Subordinate all provincial utility regulatory commissions to the military’s new EW unit established in 5) above.
In this day of highly sophisticated microelectronics and their glaring vulnerabilities, it is imperative that national governments ensure that today‘s unimaginable spectre of an electric Armageddon can never happen again!   
No modern country, and especially not Canada, should have a Minister of National Defense (nor a Minister of Public Safety) who does not personally understand and fully appreciate that a ‘next’ war will likely be an all-out cyber and/or EW war. Today the world is driven by electronics, which, because of man’s ignorance and greed, affects and threatens us all.
James G. (“Jerry”) Flynn, Captain (Retired)
PS. On May 18, 2016, I sent a registered letter to Prime Minister Trudeau, the subject of which was: Canada’s National Security and the Health of its People are in Grave Danger! Again, I received no response! Earlier still, I had sent similar letters to then Prime Minister Harper and his Defense Minister, Peter McKay, neither of whom bothered to reply as well.
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“Our Society is run by insane people for insane objectives. We are being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I m liable to be put away as insane for expressing that.
That’s what is insane about it…”
~ John Lennon