1) Several of you pointed out an error in my lead-in to the article in the 2017-04-07 update about glioblastomas in which I said that brain cancer is now the leading cause of deaths in children. I should have said (and I meant) it is the leading cause of cancer deaths. Here is the statement I was quoting:
“While there are more new cases of leukemia each year than new cases of brain cancer, in 2014 brain cancer surpassed leukemia to become the leading cause of death for those under the age of 19”
(click on photos to enlarge)
2) Some evidence indicates a possible relationship between occupational exposure to electromagnetic fields and ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease).
‘Occupational exposure to magnetic fields increases risk of ALS’
“Overall, the study revealed that occupational exposure to ELF-MFs increased the risk of developing ALS in men.
Men who were occupationally exposed to high levels of ELF-MFs were 2.19 times more likely to develop ALS than those who had never been exposed to them. Additionally, those in the top tertile (or the top 30 percent) of cumulative exposure were almost twice as likely to develop ALS.”
3) 5 Bills have been introduced to the Massachusetts legislature regarding Wi-Fi and microwave radiation — A press release.
“Is Wireless Technology a Public Health Threat?
Massachusetts Leads the Nation with 5 Bills to Protect Citizens.”
4) A battle is going on to prevent a cell tower from being built in Mission on a place where children will spend a lot of time. The Mayor is woefully ignorant of the issue. Comments are needed on this article and people should attend the next meeting to lend support.
Group opposes cell tower at Mission Sports Park
5) Some excellent reasons for keeping a regular landline instead of having only a cell phone, which is the direction companies are going, especially in the USA.
5 Great Reasons To Have a Home Phone
From a member on Salt Spring Island about the amount paid to a meter reader — $.34.
I was very interested in the first item below. We are in the middle of a provincial election. People in every constituency should be encouraged to write a letter along these lines to their local newspaper, and argue that the Liberals who allow — or maybe encourage — BC Hydro to gouge people in this way for a basic service must be decisively thrown out of office on May 9th.
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”
~ Aldous Huxley