[4G & 5G Small Cells / Microcells Siting on Public Right-of-way – DARPA – EMFs – IMSI Catchers Spy on Cell Phones – RF Plant Studies – Security of Smart Electric Grid – Students’ Wi-Fi Experiment on Cress Plants – Wireless Devices – ZigBee Chips | Ottawa, Ontario, Canada – USA]
1) 5G is still in the development stage. No one really knows what it will be, what frequencies will be used or how dangerous it will be. But companies are trying to get a head start by getting their small cells (with 4G) on poles, laying claim to territory, and establishing their rights to our public right-of-ways. We should be talking with politicians at every level – there is time, the only rush is for the telecoms to get their territory established before people realize what is happening.
(click on photos to enlarge)
“Handcuffing Cities to help Telecom Giants”.
It’s good to be one of the handful of companies controlling data transmission in America. It’s even better — from their perspective — to avoid oversight. And it’s best of all to be a carrier that gets government to actually stop existing oversight.
2) A few years back, a group of students did this experiment which shows that exposure to Wi-Fi has an effect on living things. A member suggested it significant enough to share again for those who might have missed it.
3) Interesting that a new report confirms that plants are affected by RF. Some plants are more sensitive than others and some frequencies seem to have greater effects than others.
“Weak radiofrequency radiation exposure from mobile phone radiation on plants”
“In this study, we performed an analysis of the data extracted from the 45 peer-reviewed scientific publications (1996-2016) describing 169 experimental observations to detect the physiological and morphological changes in plants due to the non-thermal RF-EMF effects from mobile phone radiation. Twenty-nine different species of plants were considered in this work.
Our analysis demonstrates that the data from a substantial amount of the studies on RF-EMFs from mobile phones show physiological and/or morphological effects (89.9%, p < 0.001). Additionally, our analysis of the results from these reported studies demonstrates that the maize, roselle, pea, fenugreek, duckweeds, tomato, onions and mungbean plants seem to be very sensitive to RF-EMFs. Our findings also suggest that plants seem to be more responsive to certain frequencies, especially the frequencies between (i) 800 and 1500 MHz (p < 0.0001), (ii) 1500 and 2400 MHz (p < 0.0001) and (iii) 3500 and 8000 MHz (p = 0.0161).”
4) It appears that authorities finally are beginning to take the threat of the hacking of and attack on the “smart” grid seriously. Will it be protected in time to prevent the “dark ages”?
“How the Feds Plan to Respond to a Hack on the Electric Grid”
“Experts have long warned that the nation’s power grid is potentially vulnerable to a cyberattack, with the Department of Energy saying that the grid faces “imminent danger” from potential digital sabotage.”
5) Cell phones in Ottawa were hacked with devices that can pick up phone calls for ½ km and it’s suspected that some foreign government is doing this. If they can do it with cell phones, it’s very likely that smeter transmission can be similarly hacked. Once the ZigBee chip is activated, very personal information will be open to anyone with the right device and intent.
“Someone is spying on cellphones in the nation’s capital”
6 ) Here are 60 new studies on RF from wireless devices. Many look very interesting if you have some time.
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
Even if all the experts agree, they may well be mistaken.
~ Bertrand Russell