[5G – Beacon Wireless Cell Towers – CBC’s Marketplace with Wendy Mesley – Cell Phone Studies – Devra Davis, Environmental Health Trust – FCC – Health Canada – IoT Sensors – Jane Philpott – Michael DenDekker – Opt Out Bill 6464 – Paul Ben-Ishai – Todd Stone | Gulf Islands, BC – Chicago, Illinois & New York, USA] & (videos)
1) In last night’s update, I shared the article from the Times Colonist about 4 new cell towers planned for the Gulf Islands. One important item should be noted: The province, our tax money, is contributing toward installing these towers for Beacon Wireless, a for-profit corporation. Why are we paying for these cell towers? And for 1,000 homes? I hope people will write the TC firstname.lastname@example.org and organize opposition.
(click on photos to enlarge)
“The province has partnered with Beacon Wireless on a project that should improve the connectivity of about 1,000 households on the islands…
There is a direct relationship between connectivity and a strong economy. Our $126,750 contribution will help Gulf Island businesses better compete, enable residents to connect with the world and provide opportunities for students to access online education,” said Todd Stone, B.C. minister of transportation and infrastructure.”
2) Many states are presenting bills and pushing to be allowed choice re smeters, to preserve their health and safety/privacy. The only possibility we have is to elect politicians who will kill the Clean Energy Act so that we have choice, too. Please ask those running in your riding, and tell them we will support only those who support us.
New York Bill Would Allow People To Opt Out Of Smart Meters, Undermine Federal Program
“A bill introduced in the New York Assembly would allow customers to opt out of installing “smart meter” technology on their homes and businesses. Passage of this bill would allow New Yorkers to protect their own privacy, and it would take a step toward blocking a federal program in effect.
Asm. Michael DenDekker (D – East Elmhurst) introduced Assembly Bill 6464 (A6464) on March 7 The legislation would allow New Yorkers to opt out of any utility company smart meter program with no penalty.”
3) Here is another terrific website and this one has a lot of excellent info about 5G and IoT.
It is by someone in the USA, just so you are aware as you run into some legal or FCC references.
5G is something that is coming and little research has been done on the health effects from these high, very high frequencies, but in this YouTube, you will learn one way that our bodies will be affected. This must be stopped.
Potential Risks to Human Health from Future Sub-MM Communication Systems: Paul Ben-Ishai, PhD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuVtGldYXK4 32 minutes
4) In Chicago, there is a pilot for having sensors that will be able to inform the city and the public about all sorts of things, like traffic conditions. They are open for suggestions, and I think having sensors that would measure the level of electrosmog through various areas of the city would be a terrific use of this technology.
Array of things
https://arrayofthings.github.io/ with a 3-4 minute video
5) Devra Davis’s group has another YouTube (4:22 minutes) with testimonies from as long ago as 2001 about the dangers and studies showing dangers re. cell phones. Yet Health Canada dares to say in CBC’s Marketplace that children can be exposed to cellphones 24/365!! If you haven’t written to Wendy Mesley and Health Min. Philpott I hope you will.
Jane.Philpott@parl.gc.ca, Wendy Mesley <email@example.com>
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“You will observe with concern how long a useful truth may be known, and exist, before it is generally received and acted on.”
~ Ben Franklin