[Andrew Weaver, BC Green Party – CDC Radiation Protection – Cell Towers Antennas Health Risks – Children – Devra Davis – Donald Pharand – EMFs – EMR – FCC – Industry Canada – KBALG – Presentations to Municipal Councils re Telus Microcells – RF – Sleep & Wireless Devices – Supreme Court – Wi-Fi in Schools | Colwood & Grand Forks & Rossland & Victoria, BC – Canada – New Dehli, India – UK – USA] & (video)
1) In the UK, a study shows that children are getting far less sleep that they should be, and it seems to be sinking in that use of wireless devices prior to bedtime could be contributing to this.
(click on photos to enlarge)
‘Sleep disorders mounting in children.”
2) Presentation to the Grand Forks Council by a member (who is a Councillor) with regard to Microcells. Her resolution was accepted unanimously. It is at the local level that we have to fight these things. They are not mandated by the government and are purely for the profit of Telus – at the expense of our health.
3) Devra Davis helped some of our members by sharing some of her excellent material and by spreading the word about the conference held in Victoria (Colwood) last Saturday.
4) Many countries are making progress on protecting the most vulnerable from RF much more quickly than Canada or the USA are. This is from India where the Supreme Court has made a major decision:
Supreme Court bans antennas due to health risks
5) Someone provided this list of municipalities where cell towers have been fought, limited, excluded, etc. A couple even have exclusions or restrictions re DAS (microcells). In the USA, the FCC is like Industry Canada in that it works to help the telecoms install transmitters and erect towers, and health cannot be considered a reason – just like in Canada. This is an amazing list.
6) An interesting YouTube with lots to think about: “10 Ways Technology is Killing You”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ZyeHmJADc 11 minutes
Dear Andrew Weaver,
I ran for the Greens in 2005 for the then Kootenay-Boundary and am a long time BC activist. In the mid 80`s fight to stop uranium mining I am the guy who embarrassed the then government to pay attention to Radon Gas, a silent killer still out there doing its thing.
I don`t know if you are aware but the CDC Radiation Protection service is gone. Just at a time that Electro Magnetic Radiation is nuking more brains than most in government are willing to even look at. The largest industry in the world (e-comm) seems to have lulled everyone to sleep in media and government enterprises as they have a very thick wallet in hand.
Further to this, I find upsetting the GP of BC is not onto this. I thought of being the GP candidate in this riding but dropped the idea when I heard you did not recognize EMFs as a matter of concern.
We are hoping to have a massive rally in Rossland at the end of the month to make our point in this matter at the KBALG to not allow the proliferation of MicroCell Transmitters in BC without first consulting with the members of the community where they are being installed. That would of course entail full disclosure of the reasons why these devices are considered safe which I can guarantee you are not from reviewing scientific data coming in every day through my inbox.
Hopefully in the little time left before the writ is dropped you will have changed your position in this matter.
Donald Pharand, (name given with permission)
Grand Forks, BC
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“When there is a doubt, when it comes to our children, there is no doubt.”
~ Haifa’s mayor, Yona Yahav