1) Based on a court decision in Aug. 2016, Spain now recognizes EHS as a disability.
Spain legally recognised Electrosensitivity
2) More than half a million families are facing disconnections in Ontario because of the rates that have increased dramatically ever since the smeter program began. Here are a few links that show the shocking situation that could be facing people here.
“Hydro One cut off Carol and her family over a little more than $3,000 in unpaid bills.
Like many Hydro One customers, Carol says she and her family were caught up in the smart meter billing fiasco that plagued the company between 2013 and 2015.
After not receiving bills for roughly six months, Carol says she and her husband received a catch-up bill of approximately $12,000 in September 2015.
Despite the heavy burden, the pair did everything they could to pay it off.
“We stuck with a payment plan. It was quite high,” Carol said. “It was around $810 I think for that first one if I remember correctly, plus our hydro costs which are high here.”
In total, Carol says she and her husband were paying roughly $1,800 to $2,000 a month for hydro between September 2015 and April 2016.”
“So while Ontario customers are required to pay for producing green electricity, utility providers in the United States are able to access this same energy source for a fraction of the cost.
In other words, Ontarians pay the Global Adjustment fee, delivery fees, administration fees and HST, while American utility providers pay for the electricity alone.
The Global Adjustment fee also includes what’s known as “curtailing,” when the IESO pays energy producers not to produce electricity out of fear too much production could cause stress on the system and result in a blackout.
But when asked not to generate power, electricity producers must still be paid because the Government of Ontario initially agreed to purchase everything the energy producer’s facilities were capable of putting out.”
(BC Hydro has the same arrangement with Independent Power Producers. We pay them high and sell low to the USA. Lovely deals made by the Liberals.)
[“Heat or Eat” – http://www.torontosun.com/2016/12/08/seniors-group-launches-heat-or-eat-campaign]
“This senior uses candles because he’s so worried about the cost of turning on the lights. He told me about the shame he feels feel because he can’t explain to his friends why he can’t meet them for coffee, because the hydro bill leaves so little money left over,” said Horwath. “Nobody in Ontario should have to live with that kind of worry, or feel shame for something that isn’t their fault.”
Horwath also noted that small businesses in her community and across Ontario can’t afford their skyrocketing hydro bills.”
3) A free webinar on Dec. 14 about how to reduce EMF in new and existing homes. You have to register in advance but there is no fee. Previous webinars are available if you scroll down.
4) In the UK, cancer rates among children have increased dramatically in the last 16 years.
Modern life is killing children with the number of youngsters diagnosed with cancer rising 40 per cent in the past 16 years because of air pollution, pesticides, poor diets and radiation, scientists have warned.
New analysis of government statistics by researchers at the charity Children with Cancer UK found that there are now 1,300 more cancer cases a year compared with 1998, the first time all data sets were published.
The rise is most apparent in teenagers and young adults aged between 15 and 24, where the incident rate has risen from around 10 cases in 100,000 to nearly 16.
From a member:
BRITISH COLUMBIA HYDRO AND POWER AUTHORITY (BC Hydro)
333 DUNSMUIR STREET,
VANCOUVER, BC V6B 5R3
December 06, 2016
Attention: CROWN / HER MAJESTY’S GOVERNMENTS, CORIX UTILIITES, Agents and / or assignees
Subject: Account xxxx
BC Hydro has advised me, in writing, that the Measurement Canada seal on my electrical meter situated xxxxx will no longer be valid after Dec 31, 2016.
I have been designated as a Legacy Meter but have never chosen this designation. When this account was opened with BC Hydro, there were no Smart Meters and to the best of my knowledge, Smart Meters were not contemplated at that time.
I have some reservations about the safety of the Smart Meter technology but my primary concerns relate to privacy. Many technologies can be reasonably safe when used properly and privacy is protected.
I have repeatedly corresponded with BC Hydro, MLAs, etc. in an attempt to alleviate my concerns. BC Hydro simply replies with rhetoric, rarely answering directly or fully if they bother to respond at all.
As it is approaching winter and the Christmas season, my family does not wish to be without electrical power after Dec 31st but my family does wish to protect their personal information and privacy.
I would like to schedule the meter change so that I might have the BC Hydro Representative or Agent sign a declaration of purpose prior to the exchange. The details follow.
1) BC Hydro will install a meter which cannot/does not communicate except by a physical download at the consumers property.
2) This meter will not, at any time in the future, be configured/reconfigured to transmit any information about the household power consumption, or be reconfigured to communicate (send or receive) via an electromagnetic signal with any radio frequency appliance.
3) The installer will be a qualified journeyman electrician and will display, for my examination, the Measurement Canada seal of the deemed Legacy Meter being removed and its expiry date. They will also show the Measurement Canada expiry seal of the replacement meter.
4) The installer or BC Hydro (beforehand) will provide me with all details concerning the Meter being installed. This information will contain full disclosure of the capabilities (activated or dormant) of the meter. This will also detail whether or not the features can be configured/activated remotely or only by a manual operation.
5) This meter shall collect only such information as is necessary for billing purposes as well as safe and efficient operation of the power supply to this meter. This information is/will be considered the legal personal property of the customer at this account. Using the data anonymously for any purpose other than the provision of electricity to my meter is not permitted.
6) Household power consumption records do not need to be kept for long periods of time. BC Hydro will demonstrate when and how this data will be deleted from all records where this data has been stored by BC Hydro and/or their agents. No historical data is to be used/shared with any party for the purposes except operation of the power grid and billing.
7) BC Hydro will demonstrate why an hourly record is necessary to the operation of the power grid. BC Hydro will not change the frequency of data collection without the express permission of the customer holding account ######## or the rights assigned to that customer in the Electrical Tariffs as they read today.
8) BC Hydro will confirm the future rights of said consumer, as they read in the Tariffs as they exist on this date, as being the contract entered into upon the acceptance of a replacement meter. This includes retaining these rights in future meter exchanges.
9) BC Hydro will recognize, in writing, that the consumer identified by/as acct ######## has fully informed BC Hydro that acceptance of a Smart Meter on any premise or account they occupy is done under duress.
10) This customer reserves the right to retrofit this address with a non Smart Meter certified by Measurement Canada should the legal right to do so be achieved in court proceedings.
This document has not been prepared by a lawyer and is intended to make my position/repugnance with regards to the physical, day to day, monitoring of my home by a BC Hydro Smart Meter as clear as I can reasonably achieve. It does not limit me to rights of redress.
On an agreed date, with the confirmation of the above details, I can facilitate the exchange of meters. Information provided to me by BC Hydro shows only 29? Legacy Meters on the Queen Charlottes as of Jan. 2015, many which have been already changed.
A copy will be forwarded by Registered mail. X ####
Sincerely Customer account xxxx