1) Disconnections by BC Hydro surrogate
are taking place on Vancouver Island. The people are paid up on legacy fees. Can anyone who has suffered this, or knows of anyone who has, give me info re. advance notice, etc? Please send to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with “disconnections” on the subject line
“Disconnections reported as taking place in the Cowichan Valley and in Cobble Hill since the beginning of last week.
The disconnects are not done by BCH directly.
The disconnection work is carried out by a sub contractor named Brian Stevens, who is gratuitously aggressive and unpleasant, which can be intimidating if those targeted are not fully prepared in advance.
His company name is on the side of the large white bucket/cherry picker truck.
A crew of three disconnects homes, either at the transformer on private poles on rural properties or, in one instance where the owner was at home and the dog prevented further approach, they disconnected the home by cutting four wires out at the public pole on the road:
Steven’s company name: A T Maintenance Plus
Located in Nanaimo.
2) Here is a link to an additional 60 studies that Marg Friesen (Safe Wireless Radiation Manitoba) has gathered. These were all published in 2015 through early 2016. She suggests that you might find this info useful when writing to Minister Philpott. Please note on Page 30, figure 2 which clearly shows that SC 6 is inadequate and does not provide protection from wireless radiation. Please consider writing and, as I did in my letter, copy the member of HESA, Prime Minister Trudeau and your MP.
Email addresses for HESA members:
email@example.com; Len.Webber@parl.gc.ca; firstname.lastname@example.org; Ramez.Ayoub@parl.gc.ca; email@example.com; Doug.Eyolfson@parl.gc.ca; Rachael.Harder@parl.gc.ca; Darshan.Kang@parl.gc.ca; John.Oliver@parl.gc.ca; Sonia.Sidhu@parl.gc.ca; firstname.lastname@example.org
Minister Philpott’s email addresses:
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
How many more studies are needed, how many more people have to get sick, before Dr. Philpott and the Liberals acknowledge the science they promised to respect?
3) In the Oct. 13 update, I shared an article about the Federal government promoting the “poverty meter”, where people pay in advance for electricity. When the money runs out, their power shuts off. There is an opportunity for public comment until Oct. 30. If we don’t object now, our silence will be taken as consent.
An Ontario MP provides an opportunity for feedback at:
We should also give our feedback to our MPs:
4) The BC Auditor General has released a report on the security of mobile devices used by government personnel. I have not read the entire report but from the press release it seems we should not be confident that our data and access to our homes/infrastructure are secure.
“ Bellringer credits government for being proactive in several areas and makes seven recommendations to further improve security. One of the most critical is to create an inventory of all devices that can access sensitive government information. “Government doesn’t have a central record of smartphones and tablets with access to its information, which is concerning,” says Bellringer. “You can’t protect what you don’t know about.”
The report further recommends that government apply some key initial security settings when it first issues devices. Even though government provides security guidance to employees when they receive a device, the application of some of the key security settings is left to employees. As a result, appropriate security settings may not always be in place.”
5) A suggestion from a member that should encourage the recipients of letters to realize that they can’t say they didn’t know:
“Recently I have started including in my various letters a statement to the effect:
“Science has established there is at a minimum a strong probability for a reason for concerns about the current levels of exposure to EMR. This letter is publicly advising you there are reasons for concern – you will not be able to claim in the future that you did not know of the concerns”
– usually slightly different, depending on the context of the letter, but the hint they may not be able to escape liability by claiming they did not know seems to be enough to scare them into action.
Especially for letters that the media receives copies of words similar to the above may have our desired effect of waking them up and taking action.”
Sent: October 20, 2016
Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Len.Webber@parl.gc.ca; email@example.com; Ramez.Ayoub@parl.gc.ca; firstname.lastname@example.org; doug.Eyolfson@parl.gc.ca; Rachael.Harder@parl.gc.ca; Darshan.Kang@parl.gc.ca; John.Oliver@parl.gc.ca; Sonia.Sidhu@parl.gc.ca
Subject: Your EMF POLICY is NOT EVIDENCE BASED
Your government campaigned on evidence based policy and when the Liberals were elected many of us breathed a huge sigh of relief.
BUT YOUR DECISIONS AND POLICY ARE NOT EVIDENCED BASED.
Your refusal to dispute and even ignore the recommendation of the HESA committee regarding electronic magnetic frequencies, which was scientifically evidence based, is either woefully ignorant, or willfully blind, both alternatives are unacceptable for someone in your position in charge of the health of Canadians.
Your statement “Canada is recognized worldwide for the rigour with which it gathers, assesses, and incorporates scientific information into its decision making and standards.” is so self delusional as be laughable were not the repercussions so disastrous for the health of Canadians. I see the spin doctors and industry lobbyists at work, not science based evidence!
Will you please award HESA committee work and recommendations the respect it deserves and amend your policy to incorporate their recommendations.
A very disappointed former liberal,
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“Lyon, France, May 31, 2011 ‐‐ The WHO/International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified radiofrequency electromagnetic fields as possibly carcinogenic to humans (Group 2B), based on an increased risk for glioma, a malignant type of brain cancer, associated with wireless phone use.”
~ World Health Organization