1) One of our members found out that BC Hydro is testing the ground under their overhead power lines along the route of their brand new power poles with ground penetrating radar and then borehole testing at various locations along his street. People in the district office had no idea what was going on. He would like to know if anyone else knows of this happening elsewhere and might know the reason. I’ve suggested he call BC Hydro and see what they will tell him.
If this is happening elsewhere, please email me with info at:
firstname.lastname@example.org with “Hydro work” on the subject line.
2) A member found this article on Fox News (a local Fox channel, separate from the Far Right Wing Fox News) that could reach a new audience of people. It presents expert concerns about cellphone use and also the misleading statements from the FDA. implying they are safe.
Cell phones and cancer: New UC Berkeley study suggests cell phones sharply increase tumor risk
“New UC Berkeley research draws a strong link between cell phone radiation and tumors, particularly in the brain.
Researchers took a comprehensive look at statistical findings from 46 different studies around the globe and found that the use of a cell phone for more than 1,000 hours, or about 17 minutes a day over a ten year period, increased the risk of tumors by 60 percent.”
3) In the July 9 update [2) – https://stopsmartmetersbc.com/2021-07-09-effects-of-rf-on-flora-and-fauna/], there was an abstract for the first of 3 reports by Blake Levitt, Dr. Henry Lai, and Albert Manville. Effects of non-ionizing electromagnetic fields on flora and fauna, part 1. Rising ambient EMF levels in the environment https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34047144/ . Here is the abstract for the newly published Part 2.
I am still hoping to get access to the complete reports and will share when I do.
(click on photos to enlarge)
Effects of non-ionizing electromagnetic fields on flora and fauna, Part 2 impacts: how species interact with natural and man-made EMF
“Part 2 of this 3-part series includes four online supplement tables of effects seen in animals from both ELF and RFR at vanishingly low intensities. Taken as a whole, this indicates enough information to raise concerns about ambient exposures to nonionizing radiation at ecosystem levels. Wildlife loss is often unseen and undocumented until tipping points are reached. It is time to recognize ambient EMF as a novel form of pollution and develop rules at regulatory agencies that designate air as ‘habitat’ so EMF can be regulated like other pollutants. Long-term chronic low-level EMF exposure standards, which do not now exist, should be set accordingly for wildlife, and environmental laws should be strictly enforced – a subject explored in Part 3.“
To: “Carla Qualtrough” <Carla.Qualtrough@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca>
Cc: Accessible-Canada@hrsdc.gc.ca, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Sent: July 13, 2021
Subject: Revised “everyone belongs” except anyone with Electrosensitivity?
Dear Honourable Carla Qualtrough,
– Did you know Inclusion Canada claims to lead the way in building an inclusive Canada by transforming communities into places where “everyone belongs” except anyone with Electrosensitivity?
– Did you know that there is a group of people with a Chronic Health Disability known as Electrosensitivity (EHS) aka Microwave Sickness, caused by the accumulative and prolonged exposure to microwave radiation emitting from cell towers, Wi-Fi routers and wireless devices that have been denied accommodation?
– Did you know that about 5% of the population has severe sensitivity (in Canada, more than one million people) and roughly a third of the population have mild to moderate symptoms when they are exposed?
– Did you know the symptoms of EHS include severe headaches, fatigue, stress, sleep disturbances, skin symptoms such as prickling, burning sensations and rashes, muscle aches, nausea, nose bleeds, dizziness and heart palpitations?
– Did you know The Canadian Human Rights Commission recognizes EHS and states those living with environmental sensitivities are entitled to the protection of the Canadian Human Rights Act, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability?
– Did you know the WHO and the CHRC recommend reasonable accommodation such as hard-wired connections to reduce exposure, especially for children who are most vulnerable to this Chronic Health Disability?
– Did you know that it is mandatory that every child attending school will be exposed to microwave radiation 6 hours a day 5 days a week?
– Did you know despite doctors’ written requests for these children to avoid microwave radiation exposure in our schools they have been denied accommodation and parents are left with the financial burden of finding a way to educate their children?
– Did you know EHS has been described by patients as a ‘loner’s disease’?
– Did you know people with EHS have been forced into isolation, barring them from the workplace to make a living, from grocery stores to buy food, from hospitals to seek medical attention and unable to seek support from any government services?
– Did you know that people with EHS have to pay thousands of dollars to purchase shielding to protect themselves from the microwave radiation blanketing the inside of their homes?
– Did you know some people drive for miles out of town to find a place where they can sleep without suffering from the pain?
– Did you know that some people with EHS have lost the support of family members because they don’t believe they are really sick?
– Did you know EHS is generally ignored, ridiculed or denied in much the same way that many other conditions such as Fibromyalgia, ulcerative colitis, migraine headaches, multiple sclerosis and post-traumatic stress disorder were summarily dismissed in the past?
– Did you know that in addition to 1G, 2G, 3G, LTE and 4G technologies the wireless industry has now been allowed to saturate our environment with untested 5G millimeter waves forcing people with EHS to leave their homes?
– Did you know there are simple, low cost solutions to provide access to the Internet without blanketing the whole environment with wireless technology?
People with EHS are constantly facing barriers and have been denied their right to move freely within their community. All means of transportation, accommodation, education, restaurants, hospitals, entertainment, etc. have been saturated with wireless technology with no provisions put in place to accommodate approximately 5% of Canadians that have been diagnosed with this Environmental Sensitivity. All persons with disabilities, including people with EHS, should have barrier-free access to full and equal participation in society, making communities more accessible and inclusive.
Why are people with EHS not included in your plans to make Canada Inclusive? Thank you in advance for your response.
Janis Hoffmann (name given with permission)
Excerpts Canadian Human Rights Commission
Proceedings from a Symposium on the Impacts of Wireless Technology on Health
Click to access Symposium_Document_Final_Jan_12.pdf
The Critical Importance of Molecular Biomarkers and Imaging in the Study of Electrohypersensitivity. A Scientific Consensus International Report
Sharon Noble, Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“Today’s technology is tomorrow’s pollution.” Ben Levi