1) This webinar is about how to engage with politicians, media, and networking. All things we need to do better in our own communities if we are going to gain support. I don’t know this group but it sounds as if their goals parallel ours — helping to make our environment a better place for future generations.
(click on photo to enlarge)
GET INVOLVED WITH EARTHDAY.ORG
JOIN OUR VOLUNTEER FOR THE EARTH WORKSHOP ON CITIZEN ENGAGEMENT TO LEARN HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN 2021
Wednesday, June 30th from 12 – 1 PM EST
Always wanted to become more engaged in your community? Join us on June 30th 12 PM EST to learn best practices for:
– The Power of Networking
– Meeting with government officials
– Forming relationships with media
2) The Audubon Society is a group that needs to learn about EMF’s effects on birds. The report identifies serious problems but fails to mention EMF. If anyone belongs to this group, could you please send them some of the studies at the link below?
New Federal Report Confirms Ongoing Crisis for North American Birds
New report should guide the conservation actions needed to bring birds back
““We have an opportunity as we invest in our nation’s infrastructure to make our coasts more resilient to extreme weather and more bird-friendly by engineering with nature,” said Greenberger. “Natural infrastructure involves restoring and mimicking natural landscapes like wetlands to buffer communities against flooding, enhance habitats for birds and other wildlife, and absorb carbon pollution.” ”
A few of the studies that show that birds are seriously affected.
3) From Shelley Wright, with information discussed at the last C4ST Community Meeting. re. EHS.
“As promised in last night’s C4ST Community Member meeting here are the interim and final reports of the task force on Environmental Health, from the Ministry of Health.
You can use the “Care Now” report to educate your doctors. Healthcare professionals may realize that this report provides enough information so they can support Electrosensitive patients, without delving into research.
Here are the links to these reports:
“Care Now”, Dec 2018
This interim report mentions electromagnetic sensitivity. 2017
“Care Now” was commissioned by the previous government and the current government hasn’t gone forward with it yet. This report includes a variety of chronic conditions including Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS), Fibromyalgia (FM) and Environmental Sensitivities/Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (ES/MCS). This report also includes Electromagnetic Sensitivities (EHS/EMI).
Increasing the visibility of Electromagnetic Hypersensitivities (EHS), or Electromagnetic Illness/intolerance (EMI), will increase awareness about the impact of wireless signals on sensitive populations.”
4) Marg Friesen of C4ST is working on a “Stop Cell Tower” toolkit. To help her, she would like to have Cell Tower Antenna Siting Policies that have been approved by community Councils across Canada. She has ones for Winnipeg and Brandon, Manitoba; East Gwillimbury and Innisfil, Ontario; Red Deer, Alberta; and Colwood, BC.
If your community has one, would you please forward it to:
Sharon Noble, Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” Edward Everett Hale