1) CEPA (Canadian Environmental Protection Act) is supposed to protect our environment and our health. “The Act governs a variety of environmental matters such as air and water pollution, waste management and toxic substances…. CEPA provides for the assessment of new and existing substances to determine and reduce their potential risk to the environment and human health. It establishes lists or inventories which are amended regularly to include those substances deemed eligible following their assessment.”
4-5 years about ENVI, a standing committee, identified many problems with the current Act and recommended some solutions. ENVI did suggest in its report that EMFs should be included on the list.
Bill C-28 has now been put forward with proposed amendments to enable Canadians to live in a healthy environment and, as far as I know (I have not read all 40 pages of amendments yet), there is nothing re. EMF. According to this article, consultations will take place to determine what a “healthy environment” means. We need to participate in these consultations. Will Safety Code 6 be a roadblock?
Feds tout right to healthy environment among proposed changes to law
“The Liberal government is proposing long-awaited changes to an environmental protection law that include a recognition every person living in Canada has a right to a healthy environment.
Officials with Environment and Climate Change Canada say defining what a “healthy environment” means or how exactly that right could work within the Canadian Environmental Protection Act will be determined through consultations.”
Bill C-28, Strengthening Environmental Protection for a Healthier Canada Act – Summary of Amendments
“The following is intended to provide a plain language summary of key amendments put forward in Bill C-28, Strengthening Environmental Protection for a Healthier Canada Act.”
(click on photos to enlarge)
Comments by CELA (Canadian Environmental Law Association)
Blog – Long Awaited Amendments to CEPA: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly on Chemicals and Environmental Rights
“As of April 13, 2021, we now have a 40-page bill of proposed amendments to CEPA, introduced for First Reading in Parliament as Bill C-28. What we do not have are solutions.
Numerous problems were identified and numerous solutions proposed by the Standing Committee and by those appearing before the committee in 2016 and 2017. However, Bill C-28, with some exceptions, is vague, silent, or unhelpful on key issues of concern. Bill C-28 also purports to fix things that are not broken in the law and that now have the potential to become problems going forward – as a result of the amendments.”
2) A short video by Ari Blank, Dr. Martin Blank’s son, with ideas about how nutrition can help to mitigate the effects of the EMF to which we are constantly exposed.
EMF Defense with Nutrition and Diet
“Now, we all know that diet is important to our health.
But there are some foods that are particularly important for our bodies’ defense against EMF.
What are these foods?
And why do they work? How do they make us more resilient against EMF?“
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcQ2XG_wE-Y (5:43 min.)
From: “Peggi Humphrey” (name given with permission)
To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Sent: April 16, 2021
Subject: Cell tower proposal for Salt Spring Island
Attention: Islands Trust
I’m adding my voice to many others who are asking that you oppose the current Rogers proposal for a new cell tower on Salt Spring Island under the guise of providing emergency coverage for CREST. The tower proposed will be owned by Rogers with CREST as a tenant (not a joint venture as portrayed) with the large majority of transmitters being for Rogers’ commercial use, including for untested, high frequency 5G in the near future. If CREST “needs” a tower, have it be one that is used for their emergency purposes only in order to limit the amount of electromagnetic radiation (EMR) in this beautiful, natural area.
The linked articles below are just 2 of many that detail the harmful effects of electromagnetic radiation (EMR) on people, animals and our natural environment:
As well, the Connected Coast [https://connectedcoast.ca/] fibre optic cable project will provide fast, reliable, safe internet service to Salt Spring and other areas of Vancouver Island. Supporting expansion of Rogers’ cell services may actually jeopardize Federal funding for this far superior cable service.
It is time to start treating EMR like the pollutant and carcinogen that it is. In the interest of human and environmental health, please Say No to Rogers and demand a safer, more environmentally healthy proposal from CREST.
From: Janis Hoffmann (name given with permission)
To: “educ minister” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: April 16, 2021
Subject: Letter #8 Dear BC Minister of Education why are school officials closing their eyes to the overwhelming evidence of harm to our children in our schools?
Dear BC Minister of Education, Jennifer Whiteside,
– Did you know the medical definition for Microwave Sickness according to Merriam-Webster dictionary is: a condition of impaired health first reported in the Russian medical literature that is characterized by headaches, anxiety, sleep disturbances, fatigue, and difficulty in concentrating and by changes in the cardiovascular and central nervous systems and that is held to be caused by prolonged exposure to low-intensity microwave radiation?
– Did you know the short-term effects of microwave radiation exposure are: insomnia, headaches, nose/earbleeds, skin tingling/heating/flushing/rashes, pain, fatigue, nausea, irregular heartbeats, cognitive impairment, behavior issues, learning disabilities, anger, anxiety, depression, suicidal ideation and more?
– Did you know it is a SCIENTIFIC FACT that long term exposure to microwave radiation causes biological effects that confirm developmental delays and neurological effects such as Depression, Suicide, Violence, Anxiety, Autism, Addiction, Behavioral Issues, Heart Episodes, Infertility, ADD/ADHD, Dementia, Alzheimer’s and Cancer?
– Did you know there are thousands of peer-reviewed studies dating as far back as 1969 supporting these findings?
– Did you know children are more at risk due to thinner, softer craniums and bones, greater absorption of RF radiation into their brains, eyes, and bone marrow, and their developing immune, neurological, and reproductive systems?
– Did you know that 1 in 3 children will become diabetic?
– Did you know the closer you live to a cell tower the higher your blood glucose?
– Did you know the way you create a model of diabetes in lab rats is by exposing them to 2.4 GHz?
– Did you know there is an epidemic of mental health, such as suicide, violence and opioid addition?
– Did you know that colon cancer and rectal cancer are occurring at an increasing rate among young and middle-aged adults throughout the U.S and scientists suspect it is from keeping cell phones in their pockets?
Our question is: Why are school officials closing their eyes to the overwhelming evidence of harm to our children in our schools?
Parents for Safe Schools
Letters #1 – 7 http://parentsforasafeschool.blogspot.com/2021/
Sharon Noble, Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“Environmental pollution is an incurable disease. It can only be prevented.” Barry Commoner