1) The next step in 5G — standalone without the support of 4G. This version will reduce latency to 5 milliseconds, meaning users can download movies and games more quickly. Changes in 5G technology are occurring and we still don’t know the consequences of the first version.
ENCQOR 5G and Ericsson Deploy Standalone 5G Network to Drive Innovation and Edge Applications
“ENCQOR 5G and Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) are pleased to announce the deployment of the ENCQOR 5G standalone end-to-end 5G network.
The ENCQOR 5G network is now capable of serving edge-based applications with one-way latency tolerances of less than five milliseconds, a critical breakthrough for the success of future innovations such as autonomous driving, robotics, and public safety. Latency is the delay between a user’s action and the response to that action from the network, from the application or from the service. There are inherent changes in 5G technology, and its architecture focused just on improving the latency….
Most 5G networks have been deployed in NSA mode where the underlying 4G network layer supported the necessary signaling. A standalone 5G network removes the dependency on 4G. The standalone network delivers faster network connection times, simpler mobility management, and immediate access to wide 5G bands, to provide a better user experience.”
2) In this video, Dr. Chamberlin discusses the investigation into 5G and wireless technology that the Legislative Commission in New Hampshire has done. I have not watched this yet, but it sounds like information that might help us as we pressure our governments to do their due diligence before allowing proliferation of EMF.
(click on photos to enlarge)
New Hampshire 5G Legislative Report with Dr. Kent Chamberlin and Cece Doucette
3) Another very thought-provoking letter by Katie Singer. Can the earth survive us?
Fresh perspective on four and a half billion years —and a question for humanity
a column about nature and technology
“When I wonder what our modern conveniences ask of the Earth, the late David Brower, father of the modern environmental movement, gives me perspective.
Brower used to describe the Earth’s four and a half billion years as a six-day week, with each day representing about 750 million years. When creation got started at midnight on Sunday, the planet was a mass of gasses, water, dust and rock. Charge built up, and the Earth was bombarded by a billion years of lightning storms. At noon on Tuesday, nucleic and amino acids, the building blocks of life, first appeared. Early plants made oxygen and paved the way for animals.”
To: “publicconsultation” <email@example.com>, “Tawny Verigin” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “ssiinfo” <email@example.com>, “Peter Luckham, Chair” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “Peter Grove SSI Local Trustee” <email@example.com>, “lpatrick” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “ghorth” <email@example.com>
Sent: April 15, 2021
Subject: Opposition to the Proposed Rogers-CREST Channel Ridge Tower, Salt Spring Island, BC
I am writing to voice my strong opposition to the Rogers-CREST tower proposed for Channel Ridge on Salt Spring Island, BC.
First of all, the last thing that anyone wants to see on Salt Spring is another ugly metal man-made enormous structure on an island that takes great pride in preserving our natural environment. Most people who live here have chosen to get away from the busy ugliness of over-built cities. We don’t need and don’t want a 40 metre (131 feet) tall monstrosity of an eyesore on Channel Ridge or anywhere else.
Scientists and experts from around the world warn that wireless technology and infrastructure cause biological harm to humans, animals, insects, flora and fauna, threaten our data privacy and security, and are major contributors to the global climate change that we are now in the midst of.
5G and the Internet of Things are being sold as “Green” and as “technological improvements” but they are based on corporations selling our personal data to the highest bidder. Planned obsolescence, e-waste, tech addiction….people are being baited by the allure of faster mobile Netflix downloads. Our planet cannot sustain such unlimited wireless growth or massive exposure to artificial, man-made electromagnetic radiation (i.e. microwave radiation).
Although this Channel Ridge site will need to comply with Health Canada’s outdated Safety Code 6, technology has changed dramatically since 1996. Unfortunately, Safety Code 6 (originally created in the 1970’s for the protection of federal employees and visitors to federal buildings) has basically remained unchanged. Even though Safety Code 6 has been expanded to include Wi-Fi, smart phones, smart meters and cell towers, it has not had any major revisions in the last 30 years and will only “protect” us from being physically burned by the emanated electromagnetic (microwave) radiation from this tower. Safety Code 6 does not take the non-thermal effects of wireless microwave radiation exposure, shown by peer-reviewed science, into account.
As we wait for the Canadian government to catch up to modern-day science, it falls on citizen advocates like me to call for limits to wireless growth and demand the use of safer technology.
Cellular/wireless signals are not stable or secure and should be the last resort in emergencies. Landlines are infinitely more resilient and dependable.
Fiber wired to our premises and our emergency centres is by far the fastest, most energy-efficient and secure way to send/receive data.
If CREST needs to improve radio communication on our island, it should be done from a tower that has no commercial antennas on it. If Rogers is allowed to construct this new tower, once the tower exists, any number of antennas – including 5G – can (and will) be added, without any public consultation.
In regards to the new CREST P25 communication system, as I mentioned in my previous correspondence to the Salt Spring Island Local Trust Council and CRD Director, there have been many problems with this P25 system in other places within our Capital Region as well as in the USA:
– The P25 networks are unstable and easily hacked.
– CREST will exchange data with the USA government-owned First Net system. This will jeopardize our privacy and establish a cyber architecture that could be used for surveillance and control.
Have all Salt Spring First Responders been notified that CREST plans (according to their 2019 annual report) to build 30 more towers and have more than 50 in-vehicle repeaters?
This means that the drivers and occupants of said vehicles will be trapped inside a Faraday Cage with an RF repeater, essentially a mini cell tower.
Have all Salt Spring First Responders been forewarned about the hazards involved with this new CREST equipment?
When the new TETRA radio communications system was put into use in the UK, many First Responders became ill. A special report was written and presented to the Police Federation of England and Wales with an update 3 years later:
Confidential Report on TETRA Strictly for the Police Federation of England and Wales by B Trower (September 2001) – http://www.tetrawatch.net/papers/trower_report.pdf
update – TETRA: A Critical Overview into the Death of Officer Neil Dring by B Trower (August 09, 2004) – http://www.tetrawatch.net/papers/trower_on_dring.pdf
What happened in the UK should give dire warning to our dedicated First Responders!
Major insurers refuse to insure corporations or individuals (e.g. people who lease land for cell towers) against lawsuits associated with health claims due to EMR. Swiss Re and Lloyd’s of London issue regular reports, the most current dealing with 5G technology which could lead to even more future liability lawsuits.
– Has anyone raised the issue of possible liability with the CRD?
– Has anyone raised the issue of possible liability with CREST?
– Has anyone raised the issue of possible liability with Rogers?
– Is the Salt Spring Island Local Trust Committee aware of the liability ramifications regarding their responsibilities as elected/appointed officials to protect the public, especially after being given pertinent facts and information?
“Perhaps our elected representatives should be reminded that they have a legal obligation to ensure the well-being of all of their citizens. Renowned University of British Columbia ecologist William Rees (of “environmental footprint” fame) argues that government officials who ignore their duties may be guilty of criminal negligence. Rees notes that “the Criminal Code (Section 219) is clear that lack of intent to harm is no defence if the damage results from conscious acts performed in careless disregard for others: ‘Everyone is criminally negligent who (a) in doing anything, or (b) in omitting to do anything that it is his duty to do, shows wanton or reckless disregard for the lives or safety of other persons’.””
Some members of our community have received responses from Cypress Land Management, the agent for Rogers, which state, “this proposed antenna installation in and of itself will not be supplying future 5G services to the island”. However, data from the Project Engineer shows that three of the frequencies this project will emit are in the NR (New Radio) band which is 5G. One of these frequencies is in the 600 MHz range. Rogers spent $1.7 billion to purchase this frequency at the 2019 spectrum auction in order to build its 5G network.
Cypress Land Management has also admitted that this tower will not be used alone. This tower will become part of a massive network designed to track and monetize our lives and cover every inch of our planet – from space and from towers anchored on earth – with harmful levels of electromagnetic microwave radiation.
It is crucial that we make decisions today with the well-being of future generations in mind. This project will profit Rogers but it will diminish the quality of all life on our beloved and precious Salt Spring Island. People and all living things should matter more than money.
I strongly oppose the Rogers-CREST tower proposed for Channel Ridge on Salt Spring Island.
1. Our Health – Peer-reviewed science proves that wireless microwave radiation harms people, plants and wildlife.
2. Our Environment – Wireless technology & infrastructure uses massive amounts of energy and is not “Green”. We want to retain a natural landscape without enormous, ugly man-made structures.
3. Our Data Privacy & Security – Wireless systems are easily and continuously hacked. We don’t want to be part of the USA’s government-owned problematic First Net system.
4. Proximity to Homes – The nearest residence is just 50 metres away. A “safer” distance would be a minimum of 500 metres away.
5. The Scope – This would be a significant commercial tower for Rogers, which could be added onto endlessly. The CREST equipment would only use a very small section.
6. Limiting electrosmog pollution on our island of Salt Spring, especially from 5G.
7. CREST co-locating their equipment on the existing Telus tower at this site on Channel Ridge.
8. A CREST-only tower, with no additional commercial antennas allowed, if co-location on the existing Telus tower is physically not possible.
Thank-you for putting this letter on record.
Sharon Noble, Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.” Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.