1) For those who have lost jobs or been laid off due to COVID-19, BC Hydro has a relief fund. I hope all of you who qualify take advantage of this.
(click on photos to enlarge)
COVID-19 Relief Fund for residential customers
“If you’re a residential customer and you or your spouse/partner have stopped working due to COVID-19, you may be eligible to receive three months of credit on your BC Hydro bill. The credit amount is based on your average consumption and you will not need to pay it back.
To receive the credit, you need to apply for the program and be approved. If you’re approved, the credit will be automatically added to your account.”
2) I found this site quite by accident and I think it is very interesting. Cece Doucette has listed the many Bills re. EMR, 5G in various states. There most likely are some good ones that we could use to draft Bills or petitions to present to our governments. Cece has recommended that the New Hampshire one would make an excellent template.
Bills in Other States 2019-20
New Hampshire – Establishing a commission to study the environmental and health effects of evolving 5G technology. – Summary: https://legiscan.com/NH/bill/HB522/2019
3) Please see below in Letters information from Marg Friesen of 5G Winnipeg Awareness about a meeting being held on Wed. And please consider signing the petition asking for Winnipeg City Council for a moratorium on 4G/5G networks until experts determine that no harm can be caused. Marg has included some information about 20 communities in Manitoba who are considering, or have begun, investing in fiber optic networks.
4) Another country, Nigeria, is raising concerns about 5G Networks. The Senate has asked for a moratorium until a thorough investigation could be done to determine if 5G is safe. Why hasn’t Canada done the same thing?
The Senate on Tuesday asked the Federal Government to suspend the planned deployment of the Fifth Generation Network(5G) in Nigeria.
“Ekwunife said her motion was borne out of the need to assure Nigerians of their safety by asking the Federal Government to postpone the launch until a proper investigation was carried out.
The Deputy Majority Leader, Senator Ajayi Boroffice, said the 5G network deployment remained a controversial issue. He said the experts should be allowed to handle it and deliberate on the merits and demerits of its deployment.
Senator Opeyemi Bamidele said it would be irresponsible of any government to subscribe to a technology that won’t be safe for its citizens.
He noted that no scientific research has been done by any agency of the Federal Government on the 5G network.
He said countries in Europe were already investigating the implications of the deployment and wondered why Nigeria had yet to do so.
From: “citizensforsafertech” <email@example.com>
To: “pcrawley” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “sstead” <email@example.com>, “dwalmsley” <firstname.lastname@example.org>, “apacienza” <email@example.com>
Sent: May 10, 2020
Subject: Irresponsible journalism
To: Phillip Crawley, Publisher and CEO; Sylvia Stead, public editor; David Walmsley, editor-in-chief; Angela Pacienza, executive editor
From: Sharon Noble, Victoria, British Columbia
Date: May 10, 2020
In your May 6 article Liberal health-committee chair sponsors petition that says cell towers can pose danger to children and opinion piece Canada’s Health Committee Chair has given junk conspiracy theorists a gift, both authors have breached the Globe and Mail’s Editorial Code of Conduct which states as its Journalistic Principle:
“The credibility of the content in The Globe and Mail on all platforms rests on solid research, clear, intelligent writing and maintaining a reputation for honesty, accuracy, objectivity and balance. To these ends, the following rules and principles apply:”
Both Steven Chase and Robyn Urback ignored this Code by failing to do a respectable job through lack of solid research, honesty, accuracy, objectivity and balance. These types of articles and “opinion” pieces belong in industry advertisements, not in an independent, balanced newspaper whose sole purpose is to inform the public. Instead the public has been misled, apparently deliberately, and dangerously so.
Mr. Chase quoted Jonathon Jarry, and called him a McGill scientist, when in fact Jarry has only a BS, and is not a scientist of any sort. He is part of a group called “skeptics” which is funded by some with vested interests in the telecommunication industry. When Jarry said there is no good evidence of harm, Chase did not investigate to see if this were true. If he had he would have found thousands of peer-reviewed studies from experts around the world that show significant harm. Chase said the “McGill scientist” said that none of the major authorities, including the World Health Organization, had found any evidence that microwave radiation could cause harm.
If Chase had done even a modicum of research, as he should have according to the G&M’s standard, he would have found that in 2011 the WHO’s International Agency on Research on Cancer had classified this non-ionizing radiation as a possible human carcinogen, the same category as DDT, lead, and numerous industrial chemicals.
But he didn’t. Instead of contacting a real scientist with education and experience in relevant fields (and there are many world-renowned ones in Canada) he quoted a mock “scientist”, thus misinforming your readers about a very significant issue.
Ms. Urback was equally guilty of irresponsibility when she attacked MP Ron McKinnon for doing his job for a constituent. She called the petition, which is aimed at protecting children, misguided and poorly timed. Misguided? If she had done any research she would have found many studies showing that people who live or spend significant time within 400-500 meters of cell tower have a greater risk for developing cancer, neurological disorders, compromised immune systems, and infertility, for example.
But she didn’t so she chided Mr. McKinnon, just as Chase did. Poorly timed? Why? Because the telecom industry, right now, is making an effort to push 5G technology, which has not been shown to be free of biological effects? In fact, the contrary is true. The few studies that have been done have shown the potential for significant harm. But neither Chase nor Urback is interested in this information because it would interfere with the biased view they are presenting.
A prime question must be asked. Why this hatchet job on Mr. McKinnon? Is there a fear that as Chair of the Standing Committee on Health he might investigate why Health Canada has been allowed to ignore more than a dozen recommendations regarding wireless radiation?
The above are just a few of the errors and omissions that demonstrate the lack of due diligence, dishonesty and bias, yes bias, of these two “reporters”.
The Globe and Mail’s credibility is at risk for allowing such shameful articles. I expect that the industry must have put great pressure on the staff — I can think of no other reason for such dishonest journalism.
May 8th for May 13th – 2nd 5G CALL TO ACTION
5G Winnipeg Awareness
Again – Ask Mayor Bowman and City Councillors to “hit pause”
on 4G and 5G cell “towers” in Winnipeg neighbourhoods
May 8, 2020
To all Winnipeggers and friends of Winnipeggers concerned about wireless 5G rollout, especially the installations of all sizes of cellular network antennas close to our homes,
The process for the City of Winnipeg to begin permitting of small cell antennas is underway. The Winnipeg Public Service has submitted a report on small cell antenna technology implementation in Winnipeg as well as a review of the Winnipeg Antennas Systems Policy -5G Network for a meeting on Wednesday, May 13th of the Standing Policy Committee on Innovation and Economic Development (chaired by John Orlikow).
See reports under items 2 and 3 here:
– Delegate (=present) via Skype or Zoom or by phone and/or submit a written report, contact the City Clerk at https://www.winnipeg.ca/shared/htmlsnippets/MailForm.asp?Recipient=CityClerks&Title=DMIS%20Contact%20Form&Subjects=Feedback
– Send emails to Mayor Bowman and each City of Winnipeg Councillor (not just yours) – the more, the better (contact information below)
A SUGGESTED SHORT MESSAGE:
– We do NOT want any cell antennas outside our homes. Urge Councillors to write a letter of non-concurrence. They may tell you they are powerless because it is federal jurisdiction, but they are not powerless. They can disagree by writing a letter of non-concurrence (it is in the City’s own policy).
– We want the safer option of fiber-optics to the premises (FTTP) where the occupant can then opt for wiring/cabling inside the premises. Winnipeg has a unique opportunity to be a “smarter city” by opting for fiber-to-the premises (FTTP). The Government of Canada is accepting broadband proposals (crtc.gc.ca/eng/internet/internet.htm), presenting an opportunity to expand the fiber network throughout Canada.
NOTE: Fiber does not emit radiofrequency (RF) radiation that is potentially harmful.
– Fiber is much faster, more reliable, more secure and resilient, consumes about one tenth of the energy, is less harmful to our environment and is far more protective of privacy than wireless connectivity. (I have references for each statement.)
About 20 municipalities in Manitoba are either installing or considering investing in network fiber (FTTP):
See: Manitoba based: Valley Fiber – https://valleyfiber.ca/
To see what other communities are doing: BC based site: (small cells are often referred to as microcells) – https://thecalm.ca/
You may want to mention –
PRIVACY CONCERNS: Google has abandoned its smart-city project in Toronto – privacy issues were a concern for many – May 7, 2020 – Globe & Mail article:
“Google affiliate Sidewalk Labs abandons Toronto smart-city project”
HEALTH CONCERNS: for more scientific based information on the biological effects of RF radiation, see:
Building science and radiofrequency radiation: What makes smart and healthy buildings
For chemistry types, be sure to look up the section on “microwave assisted chemistry” in Section 4.
Health Canada’s guidelines, Safety Code 6, are based only on heating for the frequencies emitted from these small cell antennas. Health Canada says if it does not heat tissue, it does not harm. This, even though there are hundreds of studies in the scientific peer-reviewed literature showing otherwise.
For more information and contact information for Mayor Bowman and City of Winnipeg Councillors, see the 1st ‘Call to Acton” below.
Sign and share our online Stop Wireless 5G Winnipeg Petition at:
Download the petition and get signatures at our improved looking website:
*** Please let me know what kind of responses you get from the Councillors and Mayor Bowman.
Marg Friesen M.Sc.
Sharon Noble, Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“Politics have no relation to morals.” Niccolo Machiavelli