1) Non EMR, but important to know. Several members sent this to me, asking me to share. From Council of Canadians, Maude Barlow.
The real threat to our democracy is…
“You have probably heard about the disturbing documents the British Columbia Civil Liberties Association (BCCLA) recently released that reveal that CSIS, Canada’s spy agency, and the RCMP shared information about peaceful protestors with corporate oil executives….
Accountability and transparency of public agencies is paramount in a just society – as paramount as our right to participate in peaceful protests and community demonstrations.
Democracy depends on it.”
2) Dr. Anthony Miller, a well-respected Canadian epidemiologist, says it’s time for IARC to reconvene to consider strong evidence showing EMR is a human carcinogen. Changing the classification to a true carcinogen would force the governments to take action to change exposure limits to reflect studies showing the biological harm done by even low exposures. Health Canada hides behind IARC (WHO), and our Provincial Health authorities hide behind Health Canada, using this to justify doing nothing to protect the public from dangerous EMR.
Dr. Miller: The Body of Evidence Linking Cell Phone and Wireless to Cancer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OlTb3CrXNE (10:47 min. video)
3) Once active, the 5G grid and the Internet of Things (IoT) will connect just about everything, providing data about everything that we do, where we go, what we use. According to this article, just about everything will have a sensor that will emit signals to the IoT. As advertised, there will be many billions of things connected, increasing the electrosmog by hundreds of times, making our environment dangerous for all living things.
Different Types of Internet of Things (IoT) Sensors
“Sensors are designed to respond to specific types of conditions in the physical world, and then generate a signal (usually electrical) that can represent the magnitude of the conditioned being monitored. Those conditions may be light, heat, sound, distance, pressure, or some other more specific situation, such as the presence or absence of a gas or liquid. The common IoT sensors that will be employed include:
- Temperature sensors
- Pressure sensors
- Motion sensors
- Level sensors
- Image sensors
- Proximity sensors
- Water quality sensors
- Chemical sensors
- Gas sensors
- Smoke sensors
- Infrared (IR) sensors
- Acceleration sensors
- Gyroscopic sensors
- Humidity sensors
- Optical sensors”
4) CNN’s providing the 5G sales pitch that it is so important to be able to download a movie in 20 seconds vs. 120 seconds. Our health and that of all living things for this?? More macrocell towers will be needed in addition to the microcells outside our homes.
I tried 5G. It will change your life — if you can find it
“5G, which uses similar equipment to 4G, operates on two main types of cell sites: large macro-cell sites that can be installed on towers or rooftops (or hidden in fake cacti and trees), where they are typically housed in enclosures like cabinets or a large closet; and small cells the size of a pizza box, which hang on a light pole, wall or ceiling inside of a building. The latter is a method already in use by 4G networks, but on 5G, it’ll move some functions to the cloud, Hays explained.
Eventually, many 5G cell sites will need to be closer together in areas previously covered by a single 4G cell. “Not all 4G cell sites are easily upgradable,” Hays said. “Some could be upgradable with as little as a software update while others may need to be replaced completely.””
5) CBC Cross Country Checkup had a topic this weekend that offered the opportunity to discuss EMR, Wi-Fi, etc. as playing a role in the disappearance of bees, etc. I hope that many of us can call in and discuss this plus the US military’s EMR war games over the Juan de Fuca Strait and the Olympic Peninsula. One of our members managed to get some info in about 5G. I sent an email prior to the program knowing I would not be able to call in.
There are so many things we could be telling them about and I chose bees. I hope some of you will consider writing, addressing 5G and the effects on insects and, perhaps, the US military EMR war games taking place over Juan de Fuca Strait and the Olympic Peninsula.
(audio 1:52:00) https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1585117763698
Nola, too, received a thank you response from Pitt Meadows.
From: Nola Galloway (name given with permission)
Sent: August 03, 2019
Subject: Moratorium on deployment of 5G
Dear Mayor and councillors of Pitt Meadows,
I would like to reach out and thank you for stepping forward and showing leadership on behalf of your constituents. I too share your health concerns about the potential dangers of the emerging 5G technology.
I reside in the Town of Ladysmith and have written Mayor Stone and town councillors as well as my MLA to express my concerns. As a citizen of Ladysmith and of Canada, I want a moratorium on deployment of wireless 5G in Canada until proper research has proven it safe! I would hope that municipal government leaders across Canada would push the provincial and federal governments to do what is ‘morally right” for its citizens, to put the health and safety of its citizens first before the financial interests of the Big Telecom companies.
https://commonground.ca/pushback-against-5g-wireless-grows/ (Please open and read this article written by Paul H. LeMay, an independent science writer based in Vancouver)
I believe most citizens would want technology to move forward but IF it is proven safe through independent Non-Telecom Industry scientific studies! We already have proven safe alternatives to 5G Wireless …. in Fibre Optics “Wired Transmissions”.
“Fiber is safer, faster, more reliable, and far more cyber secure and energy efficient than wireless.” Ronald M. Powell, Ph.D.
5G Wireless is going to have a huge impact on all communities across Canada. I can only hope it is already being discussed at the municipal government level.
I have expressed to Ladysmith town council that this might this be an issue they would consider bringing forward at the next UBCM meeting? I hope that you will pursue further discussions with other municipal councils and perhaps get it on the agenda for discussion at the next UBCM meeting.
From: “citizensforsafertech” <email@example.com>
To: “checkup” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Are we doing enough to protect Canada’s wildlife?
Dear Ms. Eliot,
This topic is a vital one not only for the health of the wildlife but for ours.
I’d like to offer that our pollinators are being threatened by several toxins, with pesticides being one. But a major one has been largely ignored — one that has been identified and has increased in intensity thousands of times over the last 20-25 years — microwave radiation — the radiation that is emitted by cell phones, wifi, cell towers, smart meters, etc. Approximately 250 scientists from more than 40 countries have signed an appeal asking the United Nations for a strengthening of the EMR exposure guidelines and employment of the precautionary principle based upon more than 25,000 studies that confirm that man-made microwave radiation is harmful to all living things.
U.N. Environment Programme Urged to Protect Nature and Humankind from Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
“The scientific findings identified by the signators and others justify this appeal. The World Health Organization (WHO) is encouraged to exert strong leadership in fostering the development of more protective EMF guidelines, to call for precautionary measures, and to educate the public about health risks, particularly risks posed to children and to normal fetal development. By not taking action, the WHO is failing to fulfil its role as the preeminent international public health agency.
- The United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) is the U.N.’s “voice for the environment” and is uniquely positioned to take a planetary view of the potential for harm that EMF pollution presents to, biology — evolution, health, well being, and very survival of all living organisms world-wide.”
There are many studies and reports specific to bees and other pollinators, some showing that bees, bats and birds are unable to navigate due to cellular signals. Others show that bees will abandon hives when smart meters are activated.
Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR) Clashes with Honey Bees
“Bees and other insects have survived and evolved complex immune system on this planet over a span of millions of years. It is not logical that they would now suddenly die out now due to diseases and natural parasites. This suggests another factor has been introduced to their environment that disrupts their immune system. This man made factor is the mobile towers and mobile phones….
New experiments suggests a strong correlation between population decline and cellular equipment. . The massive amount of radiation produced by towers and mobile phones is actually frying the navigational skills of the honey bees and preventing them from returning back to their hives. The thriving hives suddenly left with only queens, eggs and hive bound immature worker bees. Thus electromagnetic radiation exposure provides a better explanation for Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) than other theories. The path of CCD in India has followed the rapid development of cell phone towers, which cause atmospheric electromagnetic radiation.”
I hope that this threat to wildlife worldwide can be discussed on your program because most people are unaware that all life is being harmed by the wireless devices that have become ubiquitous.
Sharon Noble, Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.” (unknown)