1) US Senator Blumenthal held a press conference re. 5G and his request that the FCC provide documentation substantiating their assertion that microcells and the milliwaves they emit are safe. Joining him are Blake Levitt who has reported on EMR/RF for many years and a utility worker who is representing many who have serious concerns about being exposed to milliwave frequencies while working on the poles. This is one problem with 5G that we have not been pursuing, and which we should. The unions need to be informed and get involved.
Libby Kelly provided these comments:
“5th Generation wireless antennas are concerning electrical utilities and union leaders
APS, Arizona’s largest electrical utility, as part of a group called Concerned Utilities, that includes electrical utilities across the U.S, has filed a Motion for Reconsideration on FCC’s 5G rules, in part due to concerns about worker and public safety. See filing attached.
David Wiedlich, President of the Communication Workers of America local union 1298 in New England, spoke at a press conference held by U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal, about the concerns he has about telecommunications workers near working on poles. He said, “AT&T workers use RF monitors when they work . There is no consistent safety mechanism for radiofrequency. We need to study how the RF will affect those working on poles.””
U.S. Sen. Blumenthal Briefing on Concerns with Possible Health Risks Posed by 5G Wireless Technology Tuesday, December 18, 2018
or https://tinyurl.com/5Gpressconf (22 minute video)
2) Most recent circular from Dr. Joel Moskowitz, with new reports and studies to add to the many hundreds he has gathered and shared. I’ve included below a small portion from one of the reports which concludes that, based on studies done since the last IARC review in 2011 which classified EMR/RF as a 2b “possible” carcinogen, the evidence clearly supports a classification of 1 – a true human carcinogen. Many experts have reached this conclusion yet the agencies responsible for establishing standards seem to be too industry-protective to take this step.
Scientific and policy developments regarding the health effects of electromagnetic radiation exposure from cell phones, cell towers, Wi-Fi, Smart Meters, and other wireless technology
Tuesday, December 18, 2018
Recent Research on Wireless Radiation and Electromagnetic Fields
Cancer epidemiology update, following the 2011 IARC evaluation of radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (Monograph 102)
Miller AB, Morgan LL, Udasin I, Davis DL. Cancer epidemiology update, following the 2011 IARC evaluation of radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (Monograph 102). Environmental Research. 167:673-683. Nov 2018. doi: 10.1016/j.envres.2018.06.043.
• Increased risk of brain, vestibular nerve and salivary gland tumors are associated with mobile phone use.
• Nine studies (2011–2017) report increased risk of brain cancer from mobile phone use.
• Four case-control studies (3 in 2013, 1 in 2014) report increased risk of vestibular nerve tumors.
• Concern for other cancers: breast (male & female), testis, leukemia, and thyroid.
• Based on the evidence reviewed it is our opinion that IARC’s current categorization of RFR as a possible human carcinogen (Group 2B) should be upgraded to Carcinogenic to Humans(Group 1).
The member, after being refused a meeting, after having many letters and emails ignored, said she would be responding with her own 3 words: DISAPPOINTED, OFFENDED and OUTRAGED!!
|Subject:||Three important words|
|Date:||19 Dec 2018|
|From:||John Horgan <email@example.com>|
Proud. Honoured. Hopeful. Those are three words I’ve said many times since I became Premier of British Columbia eighteen months ago. Today I’d add two more: THANK YOU — because it’s with your help that we’ve been able to do some incredible things for the people of this great province.
We’ve built or started building more than 2,000 units of modular housing in communities across BC, helping low-income folks, along with 280 units providing women escaping violence with safe, secure housing while they rebuild their lives.
We’ve launched our CleanBC plan to build a low-carbon economy that protects our children’s future, while making life more affordable today.
As part of our 30-point plan to make housing more affordable, we’ve implemented a speculation tax and strengthened protections for renters.
We’re bringing back a Human Rights Commission after 15 years of being the only province in Canada without one.
We’re tackling inequality by moving forward on BC’s first poverty reduction strategy, to reduce our poverty rate by 25% over the next five years.
And we’re delivering on affordable child care with 53 prototype universal child care projects around the province where care will cost families a maximum of $200 per month, per child.
Fixing the problems after more than a decade of BC Liberal choices that left folks behind isn’t always easy. But, I am committed to making sure life continues to get better for the hardworking people who live in this great province — and I know you are, too.
It is an honour and a privilege to do this work, and we couldn’t do it without you.
Thank you for helping us come this far,
BC’s New Democrats
|Help us keep moving BC forward
We’re working hard every day to build a better BC, and you are an important part of it. And if you donate now, you’ll get up to 75% back on your 2018 taxes.
Sharon Noble, Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“Knowledge is Power.” ~ Sir Francis Bacon, 1597