[5G Microcells / Small Cells Antennas Public Right-of-way Siting Legislation – 1996 Telecommunications Act – Accenture – ADHD – Ajit Pai, FCC – Alzheimer’s – Angela Tsiang, EHT – Animals – Anxiety – APS Arizona Public Service Jail Threat – AS 40-431 (Blocking Meter Readings) – Autism – Bipolar – Brain Tumours – Cancer – Canaries – CDC – Cell Phones – Cell Towers – Center for Public Integrity – Children – CTIA – Dementia – DNA – Doctor Deborah L. Dykema, The Wellness Center – Dr. Oz – Driverless Cars – EHS Microwave Radiation Sickness – EMF – Environment – Epidemic – Gilbert Amelio – Health Canada Safety Code 6 – Henry Lai – Heart – IAFF International Association of Firefighters Resolution No.15 & Exemption from SB 649 – IARC 2B Possible Human Carcinogen – Infertility – IoT – ISED – Jimmy Crespo – Mark Olfson – Marvin Wessel – Media – Medical Exemption – Mental Disorders – Military Troops – NIMH – NIOSH – N.P. Singh – NTP – Opt Out – RF – Richard Tell – Roger Egan, Risk Strategies Co. – Safety – Students – Studies – Susan Foster – Swiss RE Insurance – Tamara Preiss – Telecoms – WHO – Wi-Fi – Wireless | BC – Toronto, Ontario – Canada – China – Poland – Russia – Phoenix, Arizona & San Diego, California & Connecticut & Nevada & New York City, New York & Pennsylvania, USA]
1) A physician in Arizona is threatened with jail in front of her patients, many of whom are sensitive, for refusing to allow installation of a bank of smeters. What on earth is happening with justice and empathy for the sake of greed and profit?
(click on photos to enlarge)
A TRUE STORY
YOUR DOCTOR’S PRACTICE DISRUPTED BY APS WHO THREATENED TO PLACE ME IN JAIL FOR REFUSAL OF “SMART METERS”
“I explained to APS that I personally have experienced serious health problems with a smart meter at my home that had to be removed. For this reason, I was granted a medical exemption for my office when I purchased the building 6 years ago. At that time they placed non-transmitting digital meters, which are currently working fine and they have access to. I explained that my business is taking care of many patients with extreme chemical and electrical sensitivities and the room where I care for these patients is literally 3 feet away from where they would place these 3 “smart meters”. They still refused. This standoff continued outside my building in full view of many of my patients. The police who had threatened me with arrest were on the phone and received approval from their legal department to arrest me under AS 40-431, even though I know now that this statute only applies to blocking the reading of the meters, which I was not, and does not apply to exchanging meters.”
[AS 40-431: https://law.justia.com/codes/arizona/2014/title-40/section-40-431/ & https://www.azleg.gov/arsDetail/?title=40]
2) An article written by a good friend, Susan Foster, that I shared before but is well worth sharing again. We need to remind ourselves and our politicians that it’s about our/their children and grandchildren. The telecom industry is guilty, as is the tobacco industry, of knowing their products are dangerous and continuing to sell them, especially aiming them at the kids.
Cell Tower Hypocrisy: Rescuing Firefighters Not Kids
The executive’s wife told me she would point out a few faux metal palm trees to me, yet cautioned once I started recognizing these tall metal conduits for radiation from one point to another, I would never stop seeing them. Data was carried on the back of microwaves, she explained, and they could penetrate every living thing – plant, animal. and human.
I asked if she had any science to support this. “Yes,” was her one syllable response. How do I get my hands on the studies, I wanted to know. She reassured me it would be taken care of, and then asked me to tell no one we had talked. Her husband’s job was at risk.
“Some of my husband’s colleagues have had brain cancer. It feels beyond coincidence. They all know at some level it’s dangerous, but they’re making so much money.” She paused, “It’s the children I’m most worried about.” I nodded in agreement about the children. More information was shared before I followed my dog out of the shadows. I struggled to assimilate what I had just heard. The industry knew this stuff caused cancer and they were still permitting cell towers for neighborhoods?”
3) Below in Letters is an email sent from an ally in the USA who has gathered and shared many significant reports on the neurological effects of exposure to microwave radiation. This is information that should be shared widely because of the dramatically increasing effects, which include autism, Alzheimer’s, brain cancer.
4) ISED (formerly Industry Canada), like the FCC, does not monitor transmitters to ensure they are not exceeding the extremely high levels of microwave radiation allowed by Safety Code 6. They leave the monitoring to the companies (fox guarding the henhouse analogy is appropriate). A few years ago, I recall someone measuring RF in several sites in Toronto and found them in violation, but nothing happens. This is bad enough when the cell transmitter is a few hundred feet away (remember, studies show elevated cancer rates within 400-500 meters) but now, with the microcells as the transmitters, and there most likely will be multiple transmitters in each microcell, they will be only a few yards away from where you sleep and live.
In 2014, One In 10 U.S. Cell/Grid Towers Violated RF Radiation Rules; Telecom Companies, Elected Officials Determined To Add Millions More — This Is 5G
“From RFSafe.com in 2014: “WSJ Reports One in 10 Cell Phone Towers Violate RF Radiation Safety Rules”
According to 6 engineers who examined more than 5,000 sites, “one in 10 sites violated the rules”. In 2014, that was 30,000.
Cell tower carriers were not being held accountable for the health risk caused by unsafe cell phone tower installation”
Here is the entire WSJ referenced in the link above:
From Angela Tsiang who is part of the Environmental Health Trust: https://ehtrust.org/about/meet-the-team/
Anxiety and ADHD have been increasing at alarming rates in children:
- ADHD has increased 53% in the US over the last decade per the CDC. For ages 14 to 17, 19 % of boys and 10% of girls now have ADHD.
- October 2013: The NIMH (National Institute of Mental Health) reported 25-30% of kids between ages 13-18 will experience an anxiety disorder. This is an increase of 20 fold (i.e. 1900%) over the last 30 years. http://health.usnews.com/health-news/health-wellness/articles/2013/10/10/how-to-cope-when-school-anxiety-lingers
- November 2013: Time Magazine reports that the rate of reported anxiety disorders among U.S. troops jumped 327% between 2000 and 2012. http://swampland.time.com/2013/11/05/anxiety-disorders-on-the-rise-in-the-ranks/
A 2016 study found altered brain structure in college students who were addicted to mobile phone use. Decreased brain grey matter volume and abnormal white matter integrity were found via functional magnetic resonance images (fMRI).
Below are 3 studies showing effect of Wi-Fi and cell phones on anxiety, neurodegeneration, and/or learning.
1) Dasdag et al. “Effects Of 2.4 Ghz Radiofrequency Radiation Emitted From Wi-Fi Equipment On microRna Expression In Brain Tissue.”
International Journal of Radiation Biology, vol. 16, 2015, pp. 1-26.
Study showed that “long-term exposure of 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi may lead to adverse effects such as neurodegenerative diseases originated from the alteration of some miRNA expression. Results were statistically significant. Long Term exposure [24 hours a day for 1 year] to 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi radiation can alter expression of some of the miRNAs such as miR-106b-5p (adj p * _ 0.010) and miR-107 (adj p * _ 0.005). We observed that mir 107 expression is 3.3 times and miR-106b-5p expression is 3.65 times lower in the exposure group than in the control group.”
Full Text: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/273637962_Effects_of_24_GHz_radiofrequency_radiation_emitted_from_Wi-Fi_equipment_on_microRNA_expression_in_brain_tissue
2) Saikhedkar N, et al. Effects of mobile phone radiation (900 MHz radiofrequency) on structure and functions of rat brain.
Neurological Research, vol. 2, no. 6, 2014, pp. 2499-504.
Rats (age 30 days, 120 ¡ 5 g) were exposed to 900 MHz radio waves (cell phone) at an average SAR of 0.99 W/kg by means of a mobile hand set for 4 hours per day for 15 days. [Cell phones sold in the US are not to exceed a SAR of 1.6W/kg
“A significant change in behavior, i.e., more anxiety and poor learning was shown by test animals as compared to controls and sham group. A significant change in level of antioxidant enzymes and nonenzymatic antioxidants, and increase in lipid peroxidation were observed in test rats. Histological examination showed neurodegenerative cells in hippocampal sub regions and cerebral cortex. Discussion: Thus our findings indicate extensive neurodegeneration on exposure to radio waves. Increased production of reactive oxygen species due to exhaustion of enzymatic and non-enzymatic antioxidants and increased lipid peroxidation are indicating extensive neurodegeneration in selective areas of CA1, CA3, DG, and cerebral cortex. This extensive neuronal damage results in alterations in behavior related to memory and learning.“
“A neuronal damage of the kind described here may not have immediate demonstrable consequences, but in the long run it may result in reduced brain reserve capacity that might be unveiled by other late neuronal diseases. We cannot exclude the possibility that after some decades of daily (often) use, a whole generation of users may suffer from the negative effects, perhaps as early as in middle age.”
Full Text: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/273950390_effect_of_mobile_phone_radiation_on_structure_and_functions_of_the_brain
3) Varghese, Rini, et al. “Rats exposed to 2.45 GHz of non-ionizing radiation exhibit behavioral changes with increased brain expression of apoptotic caspase 3.”
Rats were exposed to 2.45 GHz Wi-Fi for 4 h/day for 45 days at 7.88W/m2 (=788uW/cm2) [FCC limit is 1000uW/cm2 for 30 minutes, so exposure within US limits]
“The study clearly indicates that exposure of rats to microwave radiation of 2.45 GHz leads to detrimental changes in brain leading to lowering of learning and memory and expression of anxiety behavior in rats along with fall in brain antioxidant enzyme systems.”
Full Text: http://www.pathophysiologyjournal.com/article/S0928-4680(17)30052-4/pdf
To read more scientific research on effects of wireless radiation on the brain:
Huge Increases in Brain Cancer, Neurological Disorders and Neurodegenerative Diseases, Mental Illness:
- August 2015: Washington Post reports people are developing dementia a decade earlier compared to 20 years ago (2010 vs. 1990) The disease is now regularly diagnosed in people in their late 40s and death rates from early onset dementia are soaring. The study found that deaths caused by neurological disease had risen significantly in adults aged 55 to 74 and more than doubled in the over-75 population overall. The problem was particularly acute in the United States, where neurological deaths in men aged over 75 have nearly tripled and in women increased more than fivefold. “The rate of increase in such a short time suggested a silent or even a hidden epidemic, in which environmental factors must play a major part, not just aging.” The environmental factors cited included chemical pollution and increased background electromagnetic fields (which includes wireless radiation). https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/people-are-developing-dementia-earlier-and-dying-of-it-more-a-study-shows/2015/08/06/599b16b8-3c0a-11e5-8e98-115a3cf7d7ae_story.html?wprss=rss_world .
- Feb. 24, 2016: the American Brain Tumor Association has found that brain cancer is the highest cause of cancer deaths in ages 15-39 and the most common cancer among 15-19 year olds. There’s also been an increase in Malignant Brain and Central Nervous System Tumors in American children. For ages 0-14 between 2000-2010, it has increased annually 0.6%/yr. In ages 15-19, between 2000-2008, it has increased annually 1.0%/yr. (Read details of the study here: http://neuro-oncology.oxfordjournals.org/content/18/suppl_1/i1.full.pdf+html?sid=fe341f7a-b6c5-4ac2-ae9f-6c2d4f54cc08)
- October 2010: Autism has increased 600% in prevalence over the last two decades. http://autisminnb.blogspot.com/2012/07/burden-of-proof-iacc-director-insels.html In 2014, CDC estimated 1 in 68 children are autistic. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/03/27/autism-rates-rise/6957815/
- September 2007: The number of American children and adolescents treated for bipolar disorder increased 40-fold [that’s 3900%!] from 1994 to 2003. The senior author of the study, Dr. Mark Olfson of the New York State Psychiatric Institute at the Columbia University Medical Center, said, “I have been studying trends in mental health services for some time, and this finding really stands out as one of the most striking increases in this short a time.” The increase makes bipolar disorder more common among children than clinical depression, the authors said. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/04/health/04psych.html?_r=
- In 2011, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that antidepressant use in the United States has increased nearly 400 percent in the last two decades, making antidepressants the most frequently used class of medications by Americans ages 18-44 years. http://www.salon.com/2013/08/26/how_our_society_breeds_anxiety_depression_and_dysfunction_partner/
- In May 2013, CDC reported in “Mental Health Surveillance Among Children—United States, 2005–2011,” the following: “A total of 13%–20% of children living in the United States experience a mental disorder in a given year, and surveillance during 1994–2011 has shown the prevalence of these conditions to be increasing.”
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“There’s a moment when you have to choose whether to be silent or to stand up.”