[4G & 5G Microcells / Small Cells Antennas Public Right-of-way Siting Legislation – Ajit Pai, FCC – Apple iPhone Warnings – Captured Agency by Norm Alster – Cell Phones & Babies – Children – Doctor Joel Moskowitz – Elizabeth May Interview by CBC The House (BCUC Inquiry respecting Site C Project No. 1598922) – FCM Federation of Canadian Municipalities 2018 Conference – Health – IAFF Firefighters Exemption from & Opposition to SB 649 & Cell Towers – Jerry Brown – Karen Smith, CDPH (Studies re Brain Cancer, Fertility, Headaches, Tobacco) – Letter to Dan Hines (BC Greens), Andrew Weaver, Michelle Mungall, John Horgan re BC Hydro Smart Meter Fires & Overbilling – Memorandum on the Bird and Wildlife Impacts of Non-ionizing Radiation by Albert M. Manville – Michael Fitch – Muskrat Falls – Net Neutrality (Bruce Kushnick) – Parents for Safe Technology – RF Microwave Radiation Safety – Scientists for Wired Tech – Susan Foster – Telecom Industry – Whatis5G – Wireless – Write to Claire Trevena, Donald Hayes, Mark Collins re BC Ferries No Wi-Fi Free Zones | BC – Newfoundland and Labrador – Kumamoto, Japan – California, USA] & (audios) & (videos)
1) CBS News reported on the California Department of Public Health warnings about cell phone use. Hopefully, people will begin to pay attention. Unfortunately, they did not tell people that the warning is in every phone manual and is not just on Apple’s iPhone.
(click on photos to enlarge)
https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/california-to-set-guidelines-limiting-cellphone-radiation-exposure/ (2 minutes)
2) The evidence is clear that no one should be living near to a cellular antenna. Yet, if the telecoms have their way and if the local governments do not stand up for our rights to protect our territory, there will be antennae outside almost every home. Cell antennae, whether 4G or 5G, will be a few yards and pointed straight at our homes, often feet from a bedroom window . We must all become involved, educating our friends and neighbours, just as we informed them about smeters, telling your local Councillors and Mayors that they have the authority and responsibility to protect us by taking every action that is allowed. Also, we must campaign to have the Councils put this important issue on the agenda for the Federation of Canadian Municipalities meeting in 2018. [https://fcm.ca/home/events/upcoming-events.htm]
Firefighters Don’t Want Cell Towers Near Their Stations, But 50+ Federal Bills Allow Cell Towers In Residential Yards and Pretty Much Everywhere Else
“The International Association of Fire Fighters’ position on locating cell towers commercial wireless infrastructure on fire department facilities, as adopted by its membership in August 2004 (1), is that the IAFF oppose the use of fire stations as base stations for towers and/or antennas for the conduction of cell phone transmissions until a study with the highest scientific merit and integrity on health effects of exposure to low-intensity RF/MW radiation is conducted and it is proven that such sitings are not hazardous to the health of our members. http://www.iaff.org/hs/Facts/CellTowerFinal.asp”
3) A recent Japanese study provides evidence of a relationship between excessive cell phone use by a mother can result in reduced birth weight of baby.
Association of excessive mobile phone use during pregnancy with birth weight: an adjunct study in Kumamoto of Japan Environment and Children’s Study
“Low birth weight has been shown to be closely associated with neonatal mortality and morbidity, inhibited growth, poor cognitive development, and chronic diseases later in life. Some studies have also shown that excessive mobile phone use in the postnatal period may lead to behavioral complications in the children during their growing years; however, the relationship between mobile phone use during pregnancy and neonatal birth weight is not clear. The aim of the present study was to determine the associations of excessive mobile phone use with neonatal birth weight and infant health status.
Excessive mobile phone use during pregnancy may be a risk factor for lower birth weight and a high rate of infant emergency transport.”
4) Elizabeth May responds to John Horgan’s decision re. Site C. She will be interviewed Saturday, Dec.16. In case you miss the live broadcast, the interviews are archived at: http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thehouse/pastepisodes
“The NDP government in British Columbia has betrayed its supporters who have worked for years to stop Christy Clark’s boondoggle. The decision is hugely irresponsible from a fiscal, environmental, legal and economic standpoint. Like Muskrat Falls in Newfoundland and Labrador, this $15 billion disaster will continue to sink into red ink to generate power at a price no one can afford. The facts regarding the Site C dam were reinforced by the recently-released B.C. Utilities Commission final report. The report confirmed that the project will be outrageously expensive for ratepayers and taxpayers, is entirely unnecessary, and will put the future prosperity of the province in serious jeopardy.”
Saturday, December 16 at 9 AM (9:30 NT) and midnight (12:30 NT)
Listen to Chris Hall interview Elizabeth May on CBC The House about the Site C Hydro Dam decision and the end of the Parliamentary session.
5) Review of BC ferry services is being done, with the final report due the end of June 2018. It’s vital that we push for safer ferry service for all, including those who are sensitive to Wi-Fi or who wish not to be exposed. It is very interesting that they are not soliciting comments from their customers.
Objective of the Review:
To prepare and submit a report to the Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure for government’s consideration that:
- Reviews the Coastal Ferry Services Contract and the provision of coastal ferry service in British Columbia to ensure that the model is operating in the public interest. The reviewer will:
- examine BC Ferries’ operations, including operating and capital expenditures, business processes, practices and policies to assess whether the services are being provided for in a manner that supports the public interest in affordable fares;
- consider what changes to the price cap and regulatory model would ensure the ferry system is working as efficiently and effectively as possible for all British Columbians, and in particular, ferry users and communities who depend on this essential service, and,
- identify opportunities and recommend actions to enhance ferry service delivery and/or reduce costs without impacting existing service.
A member, who is sensitive and who has to use the ferry often, made this suggestion.
“I suggest we keep on the same page re Wi-Fi suggestions:
Remove it and if they cannot remove it then isolate it to the business lounge areas where they can charge a premium for the service and reduce their cost and maintenance by providing it in a small area. Also a reference to the Faraday Cage-like atmosphere in the interior of the ship caused by the metal bulkheads. If they see a multitude of the same suggestions and not as part of a form letter, they may pay attention to the concerns.”
I suggest we also include that their employees are being exposed to a 2B carcinogen as a condition of their employment. The Ferry Service could be held liable for endangerment of their employees.
This is an ideal time for a concentrated campaign sent to:
Claire Trevena, Minister of Transportation <Minister.Transportation@gov.bc.ca> – Telephone: (250-387-1978)
– Donald P. Hayes, Chair <Donald.Hayes@bcferries.com>
– Mark Collins, President & CEO <Mark.Collins@bcferries.com>
To: Dan Hines – BC Greens <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, John Horgan <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: December 14, 2017
Subject: Smart meter fires you will thoroughly investigate
I’m X and someone needs to bring you all up to speed on the many hidden BC Hydro smart meter fires that the last government, BC Hydro, the former BC Energy Minister, FortisBC and the BC Utilities Commission worked so hard to hide from the people in this province. Never forget who you work for and are being paid to serve and protect from publicly owned crown corporation corruption, being overbilled and swore to put first. I’m only 1 of the many 1000s members of the Coalition to Stop Smart Meters in BC. And you have no right to force or allow these smart meters to remain on our homes and every other building and structure in this province.
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“Lyon, France, May 31, 2011 ‐‐ The WHO/International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified radiofrequency electromagnetic fields as possibly carcinogenic to humans (Group 2B), based on an increased risk for glioma, a malignant type of brain cancer, associated with wireless phone use.”
World Health Organization