[Brain Tumour Cancer Risk Doubles Study – CBC’s Marketplace with Wendy Mesley – Cell Phones – Children – Doctor Jane Philpott – EMFs – George Hawkins, DC Water – Jerry Flynn‘s Letters to Health Canada re Safety Code 6 – RF – Smart Water Meters High Costs – Telus Landlines Service Removal – Wi-Fi – Wireless Devices | BC – Canada – California & DC, USA] & (video)
1) From a member re. Telus landlines:
(click on photos to enlarge)
A friend of mine recently called Telus re some minor changes to her land line. The Telus rep did their best to talk her into getting rid of the land line and even suggested that it was in Telus’s plans to get rid of landlines soon (interesting coincidence she told me about it this morning when I had said nothing to her about your update). My guess is Telus plans to tell us shortly they will be dispensing with land lines.
2) When writing to the Minister of Health, Jane Philpott, it would be a good idea to cc the Deputy Minister (cut and paste a copy into the form at this link: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/contact/ahc-asc/deputy-sous-eng.php) Bureaucrats at this level are the ones who do most of the work.
3) In California, more than half of the electricity demand is met by solar. Who will BC sell its surplus electricity to?
4) A response by Jerry Flynn to Health Canada’s assurances that they are taking appropriate action re. cell phones, etc. Given that Health Canada said on CBC’s Marketplace that children could use cell phones 24/7 for years and be safe, their statement of “caution” in their response is contradictory. I guess this way they can satisfy their corporate masters and still say they gave precautionary advice.
“Given that cell phones are used frequently and in close proximity to the body, Health Canada has provided additional guidance to concerned cell phone users, so that they may take practical measures to reduce their exposure to RF energy. These measures include limiting the length of cell phone calls, using hands-free devices, and replacing cell-phone calls with texting. While there is no evidence that children and teenagers are at increased risk, Health Canada encourages parents to limit their children’s use of cell phones, as children are often at increased risk from a variety of environmental factors. It should be noted that this advice pertains only to cell phone use, and not to RF energy exposure from Wi-Fi devices, since the intensity and distribution of the RF energy absorbed within the body from these devices are very different.”
5) The high cost of “smart” water meters is causing a delay in adoption of these in many places.
“The cost of installing a smart meter is a “heavy lift no matter what the size of the utility,” George Hawkins, DC Water’s chief executive officer and general manager, told Bloomberg BNA.
On average, a regular analog meter would cost 25. The average cost of installing a smart meter at each house in the nation’s capital is coming out to be $180, according to DC Water, which which distributes drinking water and collects and treats wastewater for more than 672,000 residents and 17.8 million annual visitors in the District of Columbia…
“Smart,” or advanced, meters are a vital part of water infrastructure that can provide a remote and constant two-way data link between utilities, meters and consumers.”
Subject: Dangers of EMF – study shows probability of deadly brain cancer doubles
Dear Minister Philpott
Your department’s ignorance of this issue is beyond belief. See the link below.
You, a doctor, should be particularly ashamed of your ignorance and performance in protecting the public, especially children. If you are going to continue to rely on biased industry studies and promote corporate, rather than public, interest, then resign and go work for industry.
When are you going to wake up and take action to protect the public?
Director, Coalition to Stop Smart Meters
“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.”
~ Albert Einstein